View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Im feeling very down. Our very special and rare lilac has a fractured skull and is not expected to survive the night. I doubt even dogsey vibes will help in this case. Its tragic, it was only born yesterday!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Im feeling very down. Our very special and rare lilac has a fractured skull and is not expected to survive the night. I doubt even dogsey vibes will help in this case. Its tragic, it was only born yesterday!
Have you tried gaffa tape?
And while I sympathise with your loss, can I urge you to consider sticking to the tried and tested breeds in future>
The Slazenger line is excellent.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Have you tried gaffa tape?
And while I sympathise with your loss, can I urge you to consider sticking to the tried and tested breeds in future>
The Slazenger line is excellent.
I will in future. Thats my own fault for being impressed by the designer crosses. I feel such a fool!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Oh dear was it one of those poorly bred balls sold in petshops? No health tests or breeder backup huh? Well don't despair as Ollie has successfully rehomed a scrap of felt from a ball so a fractured skull has years of life left in it.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Does she come to Sheffield too - there was a pack of 20 emtpied on my parents garden for Sadie (I was trying the smelling obedience game thing with her - like the tissues at Crufts) and now all but two have gone - Naughty Tilly!!! I Know Socks has one - but what a bunny wants with a ball is beyond me and the pear tree has ended up with one pretending to be a bird in it's branches.
Oops, Tilly's been travelling further north than I expected!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Oh dear was it one of those poorly bred balls sold in petshops? No health tests or breeder backup huh? Well don't despair as Ollie has successfully rehomed a scrap of felt from a ball so a fractured skull has years of life left in it.
It was from a litter of six, bought in the pound shop. I think they may be supporting back yard ball breeders!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Oops, Tilly's been travelling further north than I expected!
you ought to be careful - as well as buying into back yard breeders and designer crosses - your letting your dog wander to pick up these strays and even worse she's stealing those who have good homes!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:26 PM
It was from a litter of six, bought in the pound shop. I think they may be supporting back yard ball breeders!

Back yard breeder? At that price it must be a ball farm!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Oh lord this thread is making me giggle. All these breeding tennis balls, can you not get them neutered.
You can, usually when new handlers are practicing recalls!

Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Back yard breeder? At that price it must be a ball farm!
You mean like those battery balls where they're all in tiny mesh cages
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
you ought to be careful - as well as buying into back yard breeders and designer crosses - your letting your dog wander to pick up these strays and even worse she's stealing those who have good homes!
Very true. Who knows what ball related illnesses she could be spreading. I mean, who wants swollen balls!
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »