Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 06:36 AM

Morning Dogsey folk - Tuesday!

Morning all,

The boiler saga........ my ex maintenance man turned the thermostat down when he serviced it in June........

Today I paid £84 to get it turned up again *sigh*.

The previous maintenance guy has now retired and has serviced my boiler for the last 25 years both with a company, and in the last 20 years as a sole trader. I don’t think I have the heart to scream at him for the £84.......... however, I am angry all the same that I had to call a new company for something so bloody simple.....

Oh well..... here’s hoping my Christmas Spirit will kick in.....

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today's gem:
It always takes longer and costs more to fix it later.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Morning

Oh no, so glad you've got your boiler working again, even though it did cost you

I was freezing this morning, hubby had to turn up the heating for me....

Happy Tuesday all xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Morning

Oh no, so glad you've got your boiler working again, even though it did cost you

I was freezing this morning, hubby had to turn up the heating for me....

Happy Tuesday all xx
Morning Lou
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Vicki, deep breaths.

Off to see mum today (hospital) with Gill and find out more about this possible pacemaker installation. Her hairdresser/friend went yesterday and they told her they do not think it would be beneficial. Its not going to cure the mobility problems, so we feel it isn't either. Plus she is frail now and an hour of being pulled around not sure what that would achieve. She is now on a 24 hour trace. So hey ho my favourite journey not especially back tonight in the dark.

Very chilly here again today.

Like the gem today. Have a good day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2011, 07:33 AM
בוקר טוב חברים

Morning Vicki, Lou, Lynn, and all who follow

Oh dear Vicki - £84 to adjust the thermostat - a rather unwelcome spend especially at this time of year. - love the gem!

Hope you thaw out soon Lou - I am well wrapped up, down gilet and all, but the sun is streaming through the door so I cannot complain!

Lynn, as your mum is so frail and a pacemaker will not help her mobility, why on earth are they thinking about putting her through fitting one? It just does not seem right to me.

The results of the last two days' marathon vegetable blanching and freezing are now tidily packed and stored, and the sink full of washing up finally done [I do have an excuse for having left it though, as the water has been sporadically off].

Enjoy the day whatever you have to do - I wonder if my new chair will be delivered today!

madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Morning Vicki, lou Lynn, Malka and everyone,
Its freezing here this morning. Lily is whinging, I think because her routine walk has been upset and the fact she doesn't like the bandage. She didn't eat much breakfast but enough to take her tablets.
I need to get into dreaded town today, I hate that place and only go about 3-4 times a year, but today will be one of them. I also need to try and get to my mums as i didn't make it yesterday, what with Lily.
Have a good day everyone and keep warm.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Morning all

More snow here, reluctant to start doing anything cause I just know I will make the wee man's packed lunch and the school will close.

Our's isn't opening till 9.15 and even then my pupil may not make it in. They had 5cm of snow up there yesterday and it's got worse through the night and is snowing now. So not betting on him being in.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Morning Vicki and everyone

Jesus Christ Vicki I suppose you're just gonna have to swallow that one!

Good luck visiting your mum today Lynn, at least you'll get to see Gill and have a catch up together. What on earth are they thinking putting your old mum through that, when they have no guarantees either? Hope you get through your ordeal down the town today Bev, not a good time to go really with all these Christmas shoppers, I hate it too when it's like this! Glad you've got up to date with the freezer food there Grandma, which reminds me to have a good sort out in mine to get some Christmas stuff in it.

Off out with Zena in a mo, it's lovely and crispy and frosty out there, which has hopefully killed off all those nasty bugs around. Then I'm off on a Morrison's run to get £25 quid's worth in order to qualify for my Christmas bonus from them Christmas week of £25 which will buy the turkey. Not a lot else on for me today, so I might take it easy for once! Kiss of death there

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Malka and Helena they said to her friend/hairdresser yesterday they do not now think it will be beneficial. In a lot of ways I hope they don't do it what will it achieve she won't be able to get about any easier all the previous injuries will still be there she will be still be in immense pain from them and miserable because she cannot do what she wants or should I say shouldn't. Plus she now has this fracuted knee injury to add to the others.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

Morning All xxx

Well I can announce our news now, Foster son has worked very hard at breaking the placement down over the last months, on a daily basis, running away, cheek, aggression etc., we have understood why as he has had alot of troubles emotionally but with all our ''banging our heads together'' we just couldn't stop it, so rather then us part on bad terms we (Pat and I) decided to call time.......after 3 1/2 years

Then when he realised what he had done he spun himself round, but too late for him, he will be leaving as they have him another home, he was told yesterday....so we are all on a 'flat' today, its a shame its happened as he was like our own but the powers to be have taken over now so it will be bye bye very soon. Never a nice time

Otherwise all's ok, its a frosty cold one here

sorry about the boiler Cuz xx

Have a good one folks
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >