register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Helena, is the JK you watch a re-run of the morning one.
I put the telly on this morning for a change and that was on,and there was an horrendous scenario going on, really really awful gobby women, I was cringing for them, they all seem to have slept with one another at one point but were denying it all, fb was prominent in 'death threats' I mean what planet were they on, it was appalling and I cannot believe that people are like that, I mean I know there ARE people like that, but you'd think they'd be embarrassed to BE like that wouldn't you One of them had apparently been on JK before over her partner sleeping with her daughter then her sister came on accusing the other bloke of sleeping with her neices OMG it was like something out of a book
I switched off at that point because it could only get worse and I was mortified for them all to be behaving like that!!!
Great news about the little van, it is all settled now by the sounds of it, just the heating thingy to sort out.
Yeah those vacuum bags sound a good idea, was it this spring you found all the duvets etc full of black marks from shoving them in a cupboard next to an outside wall!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 01:02 PM
June - really pleased to hear about Keshi!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks LS, I was getting really worried, seems to be on the turn today, but won't relax until we have 48 hours clear!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Well that was an unmitigated disaster. I went up the street to pay money into the bank, thought I lost the money I had put in my pocket. Panicked and drove home thinking maybe I had left it in the house, it had migrated into my belt somehow. So back up the street, paid that in, by then it was 9.30am. Discovered exam started at 10am, not 10.30 as I had previously thought! So instead of paying the car tax I had to go straight up to Inverness.

The exam itself, OMG, if I pass it will be a miracle. I made a complete tit of myself with it. I forgot everything, I wrote rubbish for three hours.

Then had to go pick up headset and microphone I needed for the next course....I was sure Brian had told me £15 quid, woman told me £18...of course I didn't have the extra £3 on me. Only ATM I could find charged a quid for it so now we only have £72 in the bank instead of frigging £77. So no car tax yet, and no petrol either so till the end of the week no car.

So depressed and pissed off with myself right now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Afternoon June pleased to hear Keshi seems on the mend.
Sounds like a lovely walk you had today.
Afternoon Helena glad to hear things are going right. Enjoy your nanny nap.
Lorraine sorry today has been a disaster. You never know that exam may turn out better than you are thinking.

No news form solicitor yet I expect he has got to get our sellers solicitor to ask questions and if they can't answer delve a bit deeper.
The answers to these questions are important they get it right. We need to know if its a shared drive or access over as we were told or are they the same thing. If we are responsible for 50% of repairs that we do not get a bill if it is the other neighbour deciding they want new gravel and expecting us to foot half the bill if we feel its not needed or if they cause damage to the drive we are not expected to pay half because if we did damage we would not expect them to pay half.
We also need to know we are not likely to get an unsuspected bill for half of the septic tank in their garden as we are on mains.
The answers will probably be fine but we need to know before signing anything.

My walk with Dillon today was a nightmare. He was fine till we went to cross a road and he saw 3 children with their mum and a Chi he wanted to say hello to the Chi but they were all done up very smart and the woman gave one of those smiles that makes you think she is looking down her nose. Dillon lunged forward but made no contact with anyone or their dog but mum screamed and the boy started crying all the way up the road in front of us.
He was then doing really well got to near the bus stop and some old boy starts clicking his tongue while I am telling Dillon to walk on and leave. Anyway Dillon decides that's an invitation to say hello and as we get to the man he says I bet he's a handful sometimes I said anyway Dillon went to say hello and the man was saying oh no go away now. Wiping his hand on his coat. I said that's what you get for clicking your tongue at a dog when someone is trying to train them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Aw Lore, I really hope things turn out OK examwise, and I know you have been studying really really hard so surely that will come through.
Please be careful driving the car untaxed, not sure about Scotland but they have cameras that will scan your numberplate and then you get a fine if you're driving an untaxed vehicle.
Lynn, silly man what does he expect for goodness sake, and as for the woman with the Chi and little boy, she needs to get a life. Thank goodness I saw no one and nothing today, except at a distance!!!! Just how I like it!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Delighted about Keshi...happy days
Poor wee Lore though what a day you had Bet you've done well in your exam,no worries
Put my garden to bed for winter trimmed everything back,barbecue and ornaments safely tucked away in the shed.
Gonna have a nice baked potato or spud as we call them!!
Hope everyone is well See ya later xxx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 03:01 PM
TW I'm not driving it any further till I can pay the tax on Friday. I only went up out of desperation. I was hoping to have had the money on Friday but due to someone not paying Brian on time we didn't. I didn't see any cop cars so hoping nothing else goes wrong. Could do without it.

I just feel so tired and pissed off with myself. Poor Brian got his head bitten off too so now he's not speaking to me either. I'm upstairs staying out of the way. About to go down and start on the dishes though.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Lore you work so hard it isn't fair is it. Was just worried because I know the cameras on the motorways here can do all sorts, they are special ones that scan every numberplate as it passes underneath the gantry. Gone are the days when you could get away with not paying car tax for a month, or your MOT running out and you leave it till you can afford it!!!
Its not worth it nowadays.
Big hugs, have a lie down and watch telly or something. You are stressed over loads of different things and your minds whizzing. Rest of the week is a holiday where you are isn't it, so try and have a nice week.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Hi June, yes, the ones I watch are the morning ones, which I tape every day (how sad is that!!), and I have about 10 to watch, so this morning's one you saw won't be seen by me for a while, but I'm sure looking forward to it That is the whole reason I would never be seen dead on that fb place because of the people I see on JK who seem to frequent it and have all their slanging matches on there before appearing on the show lol! It's a real eye opener as to just how some people live isn't it June, it's a sad old world out there in some places. Yes, all our top cupboards in Dave's bedroom and the hall are against an outside wall, and because I stuffed them so full of bedding last year, crammed it all in there right up to the top, he said no air could circulate and with them all closed, against an outside wall, the inevitable happened. I've just read on my packets of these bags that they are mould proof as well, so hopefully, I can fill those cupboard up just the same, but with more stuff, cos I will have squashed it all lol! Hope your little Keshi is a lot brighter by now and no more cow pats there please God.

Hi Lynn, never had a shared drive cos it's a big no no with Dave for some reason although it wouldn't bother me of course. I would have thought being a shared drive, then it's a shared decision on the pairs, i.e. the neighbour can't just go and do what he wants with it and send you the bill to pay half. We do have this little slip road to our 4 properties up here which did come into the equasion on our solicitor's questions, but only for the fact that we have access up it, we own the bit that fronts our own driveway, but having said that, 2 other people use it to get out down onto the road, so they are responsible for any repairs we have to do to it. I also made a point when with the solicitors to sign the exchange docs, that she gave us access onto next door's bit of sliproad so that we can sit on it and reverse up into ours, so she made sure we were allowed to do that. We had a choice as to whether to be allowed to do that or not, so that it could get shaded in a colour or summat, can't quite remember. You will probably have the same on the shared bit of your driveway to gain access to your parking space or garage. We also have the same with the drains, in that we have other people's manholes on our driveway and they must have access to it if they want, and we have the same access to theirs if we wish to clear a blockage (not that I would lol!). Obviously, it is very, very important to get it right at this stage, as it could come back and bite you in the bum if you don't, and that's why I made sure about being allowed to run our vehicles up on the neighbour's bit of sliproad for any future events. Our bit of sliproad is really bad, it's concrete and full of potholes and we should get it fixed, but our next door but one neighbour said everyone would have to chip in that drives over it, so if we want to get it done, we can then bill them each for 1/3rd, but then they don't own half of it, so we can do that because they drive over it and it's ours, but a shared one, must definitely be 50/50 mustn't it?

Oh Lorraine, it can't be that bad, but you didn't give yourself a chance did you what with the start you had with the exam, all stressed out before you even put pen to paper It'll all come good I hope. You passed the last lot didn't you, so why not this next stage, you don't give yourself enough credit!

I can't believe all this lovely sunshine today, not a breath of wind, feels like summer out there and my washing is drying a treat. I must get it all in now and start on that ironing, and then there's those unfinished blooming curtains from last week too, and so it goes on......
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »