Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all

Going to a busy weekend, I'm on a field weekend. Taking suntan lotion, don't want to get burnt.
Morning Lorraine enjoy camp. Sun tan lotion

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

Good luck today Lynn, not an easy day for you.

Well I'm sorry I was awol yesterday. I spent the day in the hospital with my son and his wife. He was so poorly no feeling in his left side, face drooped and twitching.
After numerous scans and tests (why didn't they do these before?) they have found 2 areas on his brain that they don't know what they are. He has been admitted and he is having an MRI today.
Needless to say we are worried to death.
I will pop in and out during the day as and when I can.
Morning Jenny so sorry to hear about your son well wishes and (((hugs))). X
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Malka, name your lizard, might make it seem friendlier...and Godzilla doesn't count

Nippy, I hope to goodness your son will be okay. My thoughts and prayers for his health are with you.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Good luck with the move Lynn. Hope all goes well!

Sorry to hear about your son nippy, I hope he's ok, my cousin once was displaying terrifying symptoms similar to those, which turned out to be stress! So hopefully nothing to nasty for him too, i'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

Today I'm working at Epsom, will go for a run if i feel i can manage it after then going for thai food for dinner yeyyy <3 thai food.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Morning all

Just got back from a lovely walk apart from a terrier attack buy a border and jack russell who we met up with on a narrow path. They both charged at us, although Zena was onlead, barking, snapping and snarling and although the owners called them nothing!!! As they got up to me still barking, snapping and snarling growling, I held Zena back and used the other end of the long horse rope as a whip in front of them as I shouted "go awaaaaaay" That stopped 'em, as the owner came running over to grab them!!! No apologies from either of them, so I just said, thankyou, cos "she'd 'ave 'em"!!! She would too!!!

Then we met up with an 86 yr old man with his old lab who adores Zena and all was fine there, so it didn't upset her too much.

Off to have a shower now cos I've got the osteopath again at 10 so I'm sorry, I can't answer anyone for the moment, except for Jen lots of ((((((((hugs))))))))) heading your way for your son and the major problems he is having in hospital, but I'm sure they will diagnose him Jen.xxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Jenny, so sorry to hear that your son seems to be having more problems, and yes, you are right, why did they not do these tests before? Sending lots of love and {{{vibes}}} for the MRI.

(((HUGS))) xxx
Meg
Supervisor

31-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning fellow members a lovely bright start and a busy one too with Chole due her vaccination, a prescription to pick up in town and last minute babysitting while my DIL goes to collect her new car .

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Good luck with the move Lynn. Hope all goes well!

Sorry to hear about your son nippy, I hope he's ok, my cousin once was displaying terrifying symptoms similar to those, which turned out to be stress! So hopefully nothing to nasty for him too, i'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

Today I'm working at Epsom, will go for a run if i feel i can manage it after then going for thai food for dinner yeyyy <3 thai food.
Morning. Is it enjoyable work ? The Thai food sounds good enjoy.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning all

Just got back from a lovely walk apart from a terrier attack buy a border and jack russell who we met up with on a narrow path. They both charged at us, although Zena was onlead, barking, snapping and snarling and although the owners called them nothing!!! As they got up to me still barking, snapping and snarling growling, I held Zena back and used the other end of the long horse rope as a whip in front of them as I shouted "go awaaaaaay" That stopped 'em, as the owner came running over to grab them!!! No apologies from either of them, so I just said, thankyou, cos "she'd 'ave 'em"!!! She would too!!!

Then we met up with an 86 yr old man with his old lab who adores Zena and all was fine there, so it didn't upset her too much.

Off to have a shower now cos I've got the osteopath again at 10 so I'm sorry, I can't answer anyone for the moment, except for Jen lots of ((((((((hugs))))))))) heading your way for your son and the major problems he is having in hospital, but I'm sure they will diagnose him Jen.xxxx
Morning Helena honestly stupid owners. Zena never seems phased does she ? Good luck with the osteopath.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members a lovely bright start and a busy one too with Chole due her vaccination, a prescription to pick up in town and last minute babysitting while my DIL goes to collect her new car .

Enjoy your day everyone
Morning Mini I hope you are feeling better today.
Sounds like a busy day ahead for you. I hope it all runs smoothly.

Had a lovely walk with Dillon some running about on the field and then a gentle stroll home.
We met some nice people waiting to go into the nature reserve must be something private going on who made lots of fuss of Dillon which of course he enjoyed.
Now having some breakfast, running the hoover round changing then off to do this job.
So I will catch up with you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Good morning all,

Lynn Good luck with moving your mum today, just think of it as being the last time. Just hope she is grateful this time.

Helena Hope the visit to the osteopath goes well. Steve has just come back from the chiropractor she seems to be doing some good. I bought him that silent night memory foam mattress. He spent less than 3 hours on it last night and went back to his orthopaedic one. The chiropractor told him to leave it until his back is better and then maybe it will suit him then as it should being firmer.

Nippy Sorry to hear how your son is suffering I hope they can do something for him.

Lore Enjoy your weekend away and well done to Davie.

Malka Glad Pereg's secondary fit didn't materialize. Sorry you didn't receive your carpet yesterday. Not very fond of Lizards myself so watch his movements.

Mini Good luck with Chloe's vacinnations Amber's are due next month. Cannot believe how quick those years go round.

Have a good day everyone else. Afraid my back is playing up again this morning maybe I ought to try the chiropractor too.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Morning all. Glorious day here today. Hope it stays like this for next week while we are away.
Good luck with the move Lynn. Hope it goes smoothly.
I expect you're under the Bone Cruncher at the moment Helena. Enjoy it.
Sorry to hear about your son Jenny. Hope they find out what the trouble is.
Woke up to find Taffy had been sick during the night. He'd brought up what looked like part of a pine cone.

Lord knows what he had been eating that for.
Been shopping this morning & then OH wanted me to come with him to take some photos of this plaque that he has arranged to be painted. It's on the old drill hall where he used to go when it was the TA building. Somebody else has taken it over now & they painted the outside white but splashed white paint all over the plaque. He's been trying for months to find a stone mason to clean it but apparently it can't be cleaned so this company have donated the paint & labour free to do it. He is hoping that the local press will publish the story & of course he wants his photo in it.
Hope everyone has a good day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
...[snip]...
Malka Glad Pereg's secondary fit didn't materialize. Sorry you didn't receive your carpet yesterday. Not very fond of Lizards myself so watch his movements.
Umm, that was just one lizard. A male from the look of it [frilly 'ead], and there are loads more outside basking in the sun. The little house geckos do not bother me as they are high up on the walls/ceiling, but some of these bigguns outside look a bit frightening.

The carpet will come when the blanket/carpet man comes again. Which could be next week or next month [angonna minnim, next week is next month. But as I have not paid for it and will not have to until it turns up and I like it, it really does not matter.

Lynne - did Taffy get near any bbq remains as that looks as if it could be the remainder of a char-grilled sweet corn. I hope his tummy has not suffered.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »