Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2009, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Only watched it a couple of times.....is he the one who has them declawed or am I confusing him with someone else? (I am not very good at keeping up with TV programmes )

As am aware no he doesnt declaw them , but i amire him for the work he does , he has really loves those Lions and tigers , for those that havent seen him

http://www.zionwildlifegardens.co.nz/animals.html
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
So when no reply came my ex Foster Son emailed him, the reply that came back was ''busy at the moment will suggest you email me again in a month, which obviously he did, another email back, saying they were busy filming, and could he write, so he wrote (again) then emailed again...but nothing came back. Sad really.
That must have been a disappointment for your ex foster son. I would think that he has no PR agent and likely gets thousands of requests (and it really could be that number given that they are shown all over the world) so he can't possibly reply to them all. Rather than asking to contact again in a months time I think a better approach would be to have a standard letter just thanking him for getting touch and refer him to some reference sources.

As I say, I'm pretty sure he has no PR man behind him like all these 'pop' idols have.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
That must have been a disappointment for your ex foster son. I would think that he has no PR agent and likely gets thousands of requests (and it really could be that number given that they are shown all over the world) so he can't possibly reply to them all. Rather than asking to contact again in a months time I think a better approach would be to have a standard letter just thanking him for getting touch and refer him to some reference sources.

As I say, I'm pretty sure he has no PR man behind him like all these 'pop' idols have.
Yes I think your right, never mind I am sure Ex Foster Son will push through, he has approached others, I believe
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Well I now have the theme tune in my head - ta for that Shona

Mixed feelings on him - he is hugely passionate about all his lions and tigers and the breeding/protection of them but not always convinced with him - he seems genuine - but some have been in films I think - and didn't think the tricks were like stand on one leg type thing more get on top of a car whilst its moving??

Don't watch it religiously but now and again have a look at it!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I have mixed feelings on him. He is obviously very dedicated and does have very good relationships with the cats that he works with but it does make me cringe to watch him in episodes where he puts leads on the lionesses and walks / drags them around his sanctuary. He was saying that he had to start off doing this when they were young so that he would be able to control them when they got bigger

In an ideal world there would be plenty of lions and tigers in the wild but for me, the second best would be a safari park, where they are treated as naturally as possible but still protected.

For my last birthday Dave arranged a keeper for the day experience for me at Woburn Safari Park. It was a fantastic day and I got the chance to see the lions behind the scenes as it were. I was taking to the keeper about him and we both had the same mixed views on him for the same reasons.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 06:08 PM
I love Craig Busch. He just strikes me as such a lovely lovely man with such a kind and caring nature. He loves those animals completely and has dedicated his entire life to them. I don't agree with them been kept in such confined quarters or being taught tricks but as far as I know all their enclosures are temporary and he is constantly developing.

BUT the morbid part of me still thinks of the late Steve Irwin and am just waiting for the day when it comes over the news where he has been mauled by one of these animals!
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2009, 09:58 PM
have watched this a few times and i have to hide my eyes at some bits as it looks a bit scary..he is very good with them though
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2009, 01:09 PM
I have watched it a few times, throughly enjoyable and a brave man!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Are you Lion man supporters aware of the things he has done? Like Declawing, kicking a Lion (or tiger) cub, and the fact he doesnt even have access to the park at all because his mother had him removed?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Are you Lion man supporters aware of the things he has done? Like Declawing, kicking a Lion (or tiger) cub, and the fact he doesnt even have access to the park at all because his mother had him removed?
OMG, never heard that before,

I take it they are no longer filming it if he has been kicked off the park?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >