Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
But that's your own opinion, which IMO is not the same as knowing through FACT !!!
oh please it's not a fact it's a matter of opinion
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
You could easily argue the £1000 stud fee shouldn't be incuded as you wanted a pup so you would have pay for this anyway,
There is no logic in that !!

That's like saying I run a printing business but I won't include the cost of the printers because I wanted them to print some brochures that I needed !!!

You take ALL costs into account, an that's what costs money.

If you are importing a dog too, that's included to better your lines.

Your average pet owner wouldn't have ANY of these fees.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:49 PM
oh please it's not a fact it's a matter of opinion
Are you now telling me that Breeding a litter, which cost me money, is a figment of my imagination ???
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I don't see the logic in that!
Take a 4 pup litter at £800 each, you keep one so 'income' is £2,400. Costs just for the litter will be stud fee, vet fees, microchipping, registration, feeding etc and that needs to be deducted from your 'income'.
To me I see the losses I make as the cost of the puppy I have kept.
Becky
Stud fee, feeding, registration, chipping, worming and fleaing no where near amount to £2400.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:51 PM
You could easily argue the £1000 stud fee shouldn't be incuded as you wanted a pup so you would have pay for this anyway, leaving you with £2000. Take out average vets fees, food etc, still over £1500
For me to have bought in a puppy would mean that another ethical breeder would have had to have bred a litter! Possibly incurring the same or even more costs! (if it had been their first litter). A litter would still have been born.

Debs
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Like I said, I must tell her, she appears to be very underpriced!!

Borders have risen very sharply. 14yrs ago, I paid £200, 2yrs after that I paid £200 again. 5yrs after that (1999) I paid £250, so just £10 a year rise! In 2002 I paid £400! Orey was VERY cheap. :smt002
Yes best you do the only ones I see for that amount are the unregistered ones or the older ones. In fact I know of someone selling unregistered stock from pra affected dogs for more than I paid for Wilson!
Becky
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Stud fee, feeding, registration, chipping, worming and fleaing no where near amount to £2400
plus, bedding, equipment, paperwork, toys, puppy packs, CDs. whelping box ...oh the list goes on.....

And did it ever occur to you that many take unpaid time from work to raise the pups, so they are losing money from that too ???
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post

That's like saying I run a printing business but I won't include the cost of the printers because I wanted them to print some brochures that I needed !!!
Nothing at all like that

Instead of paying for a pup you choose to breed one for yourself and pay for the stud fees, the surplus pups are then sold on and a profit is made.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:56 PM
If it wasn't for the fact I can work from home without impacting on having a litter I would have had to take 4 weeks off work to look after Liberty's litter of 2 because she refused to take care of them unless they and me were on the bed together, 24 hours a day. It's a good job I had the laptop because it meant I could actually communicate with people by taking it on the bed with me! She wouldn't even look after them when I popped into the loo or got up to get some food!
A pf/byb wouldn't bother with any of that care, they just get on with their lives.
Becky
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Rescue pups don't leave with registrations pedigree etc,

So please enlighten us on what they do go home with?
Page 14 of 42 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »