Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sweetpassarello
New Member!
Female 

24-01-2007, 04:24 AM

New Puppy Owner

Hi--my name is Sweet and I live in SC
Just purchased an 8 month old hairless Chinese Crested.
She has a few pimple like bumps just on her back and near the area where the crest begins. No leakage--no head to them. The skin around it almost looks like lots of tiny little black heads these tiny black pin point black spots are on her thighs also but without the pimple like lumps.
I use no lanolin and no wool clothing on her. Can anyone explain what this is and how to treat it.
Her diet is chicken soup and no table scraps and does get bathed weekly--HELP
Thank You
Sweet
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Annette welcome to Dogsey. There could be a number of reasons for the bumps, allergy/a skin condition , it is best to ask your vet.

It could also be food related, although chicken soup is ok as part of a diet , if you are only feeding chicken soup this is not enough to sustain your dog.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 01:18 PM
If you got her from a good breeder I'd ask them about it. Or find someone knowledgeable about the breed to ask. I think they're prone to skin conditions aren't they?
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I would seriously Look into her Diet Chicken Soups OK occasionally for a Treat.

Has she always been on this Diet?

I would get a Vet to look at her Skin, it may be food related.
sweetpassarello
New Member!
Female 

25-01-2007, 03:16 AM
I hope I didnt mislead you. It isn't chicken soup for us it is the chicken soup brand of dog food--she gets no treats and no table food.
With no hair I see the tiny black spots--do u know what that is???
Thank
U so so much for answering so fast.
Sweet
also I understand chinese crested need special skin care which I follow. Creams with no lanolin and no wool clothing if cold out. I am lost
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 10:06 AM
It could just be blackheads. It may be best to contact an experienced crested breeder who may be able to help you. I don't think anyone here has cresteds!
According to my crested book milk can cause 'spots' in tennage cresteds, do you give milk? Also corn/maize in feed can be bad for cresteds. Apparently the marks that people refer to as blackheads can be just incomplete dead hairs and can be removed by tweezers, then after 'plucking' you gently cleanse the area with a very mild antiseptic cream.
I still think it best you get hold of an experience crested breeder.
Becky
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi Sweet It sounds like your puppy has started getting the dreaded Blackheads. I use a witch hazel and listerine solution on my dogs. They are prone to black/ white heads especially when they reach puberty. You may also try and use daily facial cleanser wipes as these can keep on top of them, and always moisturize. Lynda
sweetpassarello
New Member!
Female 

26-01-2007, 05:56 AM
Thank u so so much. Ironic---I cleaned the area with witch hazel and applied bABY LOTION---BIG CHANGE JUST OVER NIGHT. gUESS i MADE A GOOD GUESS. i AM A NURSE AND USED THAT IN TREATING HER AND THEN U MENTION IT---I was so surprised and I thank u so much
sweet
sweetpassarello
New Member!
Female 

26-01-2007, 06:00 AM
I didnt mean to confuse anyone. It is the brand of dog food--chicken soup. That is all she gets and even treats are natural like old mother hubard. I am beside myself since I give her great skin care
thank u so much for a quick reply
sweet
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >