View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh Jax, I am so so sorry you are feeling this cr*ppy. Being in this much pain all the time is very wearing, and you must be at the end of your tether on a daily basis. Give them hell on Friday - you cannot go on like this - make sure they know how unhappy you are.

Hoping for a miracle for you honey xoxoxox
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 07:18 PM
So sorry you are no better. You are entitled to whinge as much as you want, we are hear to listen and just try and give words of comfort to you. You are certainly having a rough time of it bless you. I do hope they can sort it for you soon and get you painfree again.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm also sorry to hear you're still so ill Jackie, Friday seems such a long way off, if you go to your GP will they get you in any sooner?

I do hope they manage to sort you out and start you back on the road to recovery.

Big hugs, Sheree xxx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 07:30 PM
I am so sorry to hear you are still ill, why are they taking so long to find what it is, why didnt they keep you in longer and do all the tests, they need to come on you can live like that you poor thing.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanx everyone

i think i am gonna go doctors again in the morning as i really do not feel at all well again

Dori-Kate they have told me it is Optic Neurtitis but there is no treatment for it
they are just pumping me full of steriods in the hope that it may help, but i don,t think they are
the only thing that seems to help is the lumber punctures at the moment to relive the pain in my head
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 11:24 PM
awe jackie, its sounds terrible, you have a wee whine if you like I would be having a hissy fit if it were me, ps please mention to the hospital about the only relief you get being with the lumber pun, I truely hope this does not last too much longer for you, it must be a living hell, sending hugs and stuff, shona x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 11:38 PM
God Jackie I had no idea, so sorry.

I really can sympathise with you though, having my brain problem gave me similar symptoms and the pain was indescribable. Like you say the thumping headaches are bad enough, but the drunk feeling makes things that much worse. It's bad enough being in pain, but not being able to occupy yourself to take your mind off it makes it so much worse. Even then the Docs wouldn't let me have anything more than over the counter remedies.

I really can't stress this enough, but you really need a stronger form of painkiller. Codeine would be perfect as it can be used to reduce swelling of the brain (the steriods will be used to also prevent swelling of the brain, Dexamethasone is the most popular one). Tramadol is similar, but Codeine would help a lot more I think. Although, if you're on either of these long term serioulsy consider taking something for your bowels, as they will make you constipated big time.

Scream at your doctors if you have to though, it's the only way to get what you need, they're TERRIBLE for giving effective pain relief.

Hope you feel better soon xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Just want to send you positive thoughts and hugs Jackie.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 07:54 AM
When my mum was really ill, they treated her for gall stones, in the end she lay across the doctors desk and said she was really ill and wasn't going anywhere until they did something, they called an ambulance and she was admitted to hospital so go give em hell. It's not right being in pain. I have always said if men had period pain there would be some pretty good painkillers available and they certainly wouldn't put up with it month after month saying it's normal! Being in pain isn't normal it's telling you something is wrong.
Becky
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Thanx everyone

cannot go docs this morning as have just had a call to go into college
all my work is being marked today by the external verifiers and they want to see me
i have to go or i don,t pass the course

i will have to go doctors tomorrow now
Page 6 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »