Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey thanks so much guys ,
I will talk to him about that when i take her urine sample down tomorrow night ,
He has sent her poo sample off ,when they get bad guts like that i awlays show my vet so he gets a better idea .
Her poo was very mucus and bloody also very runny and green . Her temp is normal now ,i took it this morning ,
she is getting lame again now cause again she cant go on her pain meds , but hot water bottles and warm baths seem to be helping so far .
He put her on Flagyl ,dont know if thats the ABs you were talking about helena ,i dont know the difference between baytril and Flagyl she was on baytril the last time she had gut problems ,vet said its good for campylobacteria ,as lady couldnt have Erythromycin cause she was constantly been sick even with antepsin , i know a big side effect of Erythromycin is sickness but the vet said she was been too sick .
her piratezee has been higherd to 5 mls twice a day
and her urinaid changed to cramberry tablets
diet at the moment is really hard cause it like finding something she will eat ,but then not making her bowels any worse ,
if her body gets too low we are concerned that her demodex is going to come back ,and that wouldnt be good.
She has eaten some nurish-um and a little turkey
and i have still taken her to the moors, just for a little break and some normal dog things , she just sat there but she was sniffing around which was nice to see ,
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I agree with Gnasher, you should definitely speak to your vet about this, BUT, the only thing that worries me is that she sounds so very sick at the moment, he might be wary of administering this until she's picked up a tad. I only say this because of what my own vet said last time my youngster was bad, he was very reluctant to let me dose her with the 3 day Panacur treatment until she was a bit better, and Lady sounds bad with so much blood in that dirrhea

Let's hope this latest dose of the ab's might turn things around for her.xxxx p.s. are they Metronidazole? If they are, then this will stem the giardia for a while if it is that!
Yes, you are right there, sorry spotty, I should have emphasised that you should talk to the vet before giving her ANYTHING.

However, if the vet thinks that it could be giardia, then Panacur would be far better than metro for 2 reasons: 1. Panacur, if it is Giardia, works pdq and 2. Metro is a pretty nasty AB, it takes time to kick in and makes you feel like poo. I am really clutching at straws when I mention Giardia, because tbh it doesn't sound like it, but as I say, at this stage it is better to be safe than sorry. it will be interesting to see what the vet says, spotty.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
Hey thanks so much guys ,
I will talk to him about that when i take her urine sample down tomorrow night ,
He has sent her poo sample off ,when they get bad guts like that i awlays show my vet so he gets a better idea .
Her poo was very mucus and bloody also very runny and green . Her temp is normal now ,i took it this morning ,
she is getting lame again now cause again she cant go on her pain meds , but hot water bottles and warm baths seem to be helping so far .
He put her on Flagyl ,dont know if thats the ABs you were talking about helena ,i dont know the difference between baytril and Flagyl she was on baytril the last time she had gut problems ,vet said its good for campylobacteria ,as lady couldnt have Erythromycin cause she was constantly been sick even with antepsin , i know a big side effect of Erythromycin is sickness but the vet said she was been too sick .
her piratezee has been higherd to 5 mls twice a day
and her urinaid changed to cramberry tablets
diet at the moment is really hard cause it like finding something she will eat ,but then not making her bowels any worse ,
if her body gets too low we are concerned that her demodex is going to come back ,and that wouldnt be good.
She has eaten some nurish-um and a little turkey
and i have still taken her to the moors, just for a little break and some normal dog things , she just sat there but she was sniffing around which was nice to see ,
Sounds a bit more positive, doesn't it.

Is the diarrhoea really noxious to smell, spotty? With giardia they can indeed get bloody stools, but I have found both with my own infection of giardia and that of the dogs that the faeces absolutely stinks, not to put too fine a point on it! It really is indescribable, it is that bad. In a way, it would be great if it were giardia, because with Panacur that will knock it straight on the head within 24 hours, but on the other hand dogs - and humans - can keep getting reinfected.

I am just keeping everything crossed for you and Lady. Keep strong, and we are all willing her to get better
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks Gnasher
no the smell isnt really that bad its more like Campylobacter
we have had this quite a few times ,cause ladys system isnt as strong as other dogs ,lady even has to be wormed every 2 months instead of every 3 she seems to pick things up quicker than normal dogs do.
I will certainly have a word with my vet over this tomorrow as she is having her urine test done to see if she is still having trouble concentrating her urine .
I will keep you all updated ,
but tonight i have noticed one thing and thats since her piratezee has been higherd she hasnt been sneezing as much ,
small step i know but every small step at the moment is such a big improvement
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks Gnasher
no the smell isnt really that bad its more like Campylobacter
we have had this quite a few times ,cause ladys system isnt as strong as other dogs ,lady even has to be wormed every 2 months instead of every 3 she seems to pick things up quicker than normal dogs do.
I will certainly have a word with my vet over this tomorrow as she is having her urine test done to see if she is still having trouble concentrating her urine .
I will keep you all updated ,
but tonight i have noticed one thing and thats since her piratezee has been higherd she hasnt been sneezing as much ,
small step i know but every small step at the moment is such a big improvement
Sounds more like campylobacter, poor Lady, whatever it is I really hope the vet gets to the bottom of it and gets her sorted, poor little girl, she looks such a sweetie in her pics, a real little darling - big hugs to you both xx
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Hmmmmm still waiting for the vet to call with her urine results ,waiting is so hard sometimes ,
I took her out for a little walk earlier she didnt get far but she did growl at a cat so that is a really positive sign .just hope her test is
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Okay just got the call from vets and he said she hasnt got any infection in her urine but its still very dilute ,too dilute its more like water than wee
he said there is nothing we can do untill we get her bowel sample back then he wants another urine test and he wants to do a shap test ,he still thinks she might have cushings ,this is all confusing me now
so bowel test results in a few days and then the urine test and then the shap test .
she is a little brighter tonight and has eaten a little bit aswell
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Hmmmmm still waiting for the vet to call with her urine results ,waiting is so hard sometimes ,
I took her out for a little walk earlier she didnt get far but she did growl at a cat so that is a really positive sign .just hope her test is
That's excellent! A very good sign. Fingers, legs, everything crossed this end
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Hey guys sorry i havent updated in a while been having some problems .
Still not got the bowel sample back yet so we cant move onto the next stage of testing for cushings again , she is eating more now which is AMAZING but her urine is still very dilute , i am trying to get her out as much as i can so the fresh air might do her some good .
She has started with sickness again this morning so had to go back down to the vets for some antepsin
Will let you know when the bowel test comes back and if she gets anyworse .
Thanks guys
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Just to let you know that I am thinking of you and Lady.
xxx
Page 26 of 29 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >