Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
I have had a few exchanges with Kit Malthouse and Boris.
Kit is as mad as a box of frogs. Boris is....<lost for words>

Edit: I shall understand if you decline to comment.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by welshgit View Post
mail sent
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Email sent
Has anyone had a reply?

As far as I know the Home Office has not responded to mail on this issue yet.

Please write, if you haven't yet, and post here if you've written and if you get a reply. It would help give an indication of how many people they are ignoring. The contact details for our new Home Secretary are below along with a template letter - use as is or add salt to taste.

Dear Theresa May

It is reported in the media that Kit Malthouse, Deputy Mayor for London, has written to you requesting special powers to fast track the destruction of dogs seized by police in order to save kennelling costs.

One need only look at the recent cases of two American Bulldogs, Brandy and Karma ( http://dangerousdogsact.blogspot.com...ma-appeal.html ) to realise that such a policy would needlessly destroy innocent family pets that present no danger to the public and may deter owners accused of offences from disputing the charges for fear of their dog's life.

If the Metropolitan Police wish to save kennelling costs they should apply their 'Leave at Home' policy more widely or, better yet, campaign to replace Breed Specific Legislation with something that actually works to make us safer without sweeping up hundreds of non-dangerous, but wrong-looking, pets.

I hope that you will swiftly refuse Mr. Malthouse's ill-considered request.

Yours sincerely,

Contact details here:
http://www.tmay.co.uk/contact

NB. If you copy and paste the above into a mail you'll need to fix the link.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:22 PM
i cant believe him! what an idiot!
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

28-05-2010, 02:16 PM
New video from DDAWatch with exclusive soundtrack from Maria Daines!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-IUvLl1vcs
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Please keep writing, guys.

If anyone gets a brush-off onto Defra (like I did yesterday) I suggest replying something along the lines of...

Thank you for your quick response to my email however I must insist that my initial correspondence be forwarded to Ms May. You will note that Kit Malthouse, Deputy Mayor of London is stated as contacting Ms May requesting powers to destroy dogs prior to a court hearing and a fair trial. It is therefore, a matter for Ms May to issue a response too.

I seek reassurance from Ms May that this would not be something she would allow and that she would be taking steps to repeal the legislation that has failed in such a spectacular fashion.
I look forward to hearing from her directly as swiftly as I have heard from you.

Kind regards.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3