Female 

12-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Ah, dogs still are mans best friend!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Aw lovely

Just set off my lot barking with the noise on these vids, lol!
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:55 AM
It made me cry but so beautiful.

The bond is so strong between man and dog and to see their raw emotion at a time like this was so poignant.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 02:19 PM
great vids,

love the dogs first, everything else second.

did have a smile at home many roughty toughty soldiers have tiny little dogs, who they clearly love.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Brilliant video's and truly heart-warming. I'm known as the Ice Queen in our house that that got even me a bit teary!

Rich, my OH, did a 7 month deployment (not in afghan) before we had Monty but i'd love to see how he'd react now. The longest he hasn't seen Rich for is a week and i guess next Friday it will have been two weeks but every Friday when he gets home Monty gives him the biggest welcome - and then proceeds to forget that i exist and cared for him all week as Daddy is home!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Loved it, thanks for that though, made me cry my eyes out! First and last were the best ones for me!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Those are beautiful video's! When my Sis and BIL came home from Afghanistan, we went to meet them on base, there is a place where families gather to see them come home. Many families brought their dogs, and the noise they were making was almost louder than that of the kids yelling DADDY/MOMMY!!!! (yes Canada is the only country that allows women in combat roles, My sis is a Sergeant in the Artillery) It's amazing to see the bond never wavers even with such a long absence. I was in tears watching these! and good timing too, as Remembrance Day just past!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2