Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
Chloe is SO jealous of Bella being able to go for lovely walkies and she wishes she lived a bit nearer and could join her!

My poor girl has another two weeks to wait before she can take her baby sister out in public and show her all the best places to sniff. Until then she and Georgina have to do with walkies round the garden and helping mum to collect walnuts from under the trees.
Garden sounds great. If I had a garden I doubt I'd make so much effort to find really nice places to take the dog so often. But I don't want a garden here because they come with free spiders, cockroaches, snakes and zillions of stray cats!

Oh and I've been to Hungary twice. And loved it there but Hungary (Lake Balaton in particular) came with zillions of free mosquitos!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 03:49 PM
That looks like a lovely walk, and the fact that you didn't see a soul really appeals to my anti social nature, as that means no problems with other dogs.
DOES the lake fill in the winter, must take one heck of a lot of rain to fill that!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Lovely to see Bella doing what dogs do best and following her nose and checking up on who has been around recently.

Thanks for posting and I'm aware you've been prodding me to put some pics of our locality up, forgot the camera today but will try tomorrow if the weather improves, it was miserable today
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Tangutica ... I live at the other end of Hungary some 250km from Budapest and only 100km from the Ukranian border. Slovakia is a 20 minute walk across the fields at the back of my house.

NO mosquitos here I'm pleased to say!

Although I've got half an acre of garden ... well mostly meadow ... for Chloe and now baby Georgina to play in I still feel very guilty if we don't go for a walk a couple of times a day!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2013, 05:02 PM
What a luck girl you are Bella humans would pay thousands to be in that spot
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Just love this big dog in her little dog body
IceCody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2013, 05:14 PM
What lovely pictures and Bella seems to be having the time of her life

I only have to go about 10 min from my house to be all by myself with my crew and I love it.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

23-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Lovely photos there!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
Tangutica ... I live at the other end of Hungary some 250km from Budapest and only 100km from the Ukranian border. Slovakia is a 20 minute walk across the fields at the back of my house.

NO mosquitos here I'm pleased to say!

Although I've got half an acre of garden ... well mostly meadow ... for Chloe and now baby Georgina to play in I still feel very guilty if we don't go for a walk a couple of times a day!
I'd be the same! It's just that I know how much she loves her walkabouts and I've never actually ever owned a dog that 'ran about' or exercised in the garden. Just went out there to pee or stayed out there if I was out there doing something. But there is something about a WIDE OPEN SPACE especially a big beach that just triggers them off isn't there?

Even my old Cavvy - get her onto the beach and away she went. Bella is the same she will poodle around the park and the fields but take her onto a beach or the salt lake beach and AWAY SHE GOES!

My Cavvy was funny. Lived opposite Newlyn Beach since I got her and went on it every day. Moved to Paignton just half a mile from the beach and she didn't think she'd been 'out for a walk' unless she went on the beach lol! I could walk her on the downs for hours but she STILL wanted to go to the beach and if she could see it from inside the car she'd get all agitated and crazy. And once she could SMELL it she went nuts!

But then I too love what I call A BIG SKY.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2