Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 04:56 PM

Disk dummies?

I've been looking for a new dummy for Louie as the new one I have bought - he isn't getting the hand of holding onto the middle, I guess it's a bit heavier than his first, but we're getting there.

So I found Disk Dummies - anyone have any experience in them? Are they any good? Before I buy one..
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Quite small mainly used for young puppies from my expirience, and more difficult to pick them up so the dog has to think about it a bit more. I think that was the idea can't remember what the chap said not sure I'd bother I think normal shape ones are fine. I can get a photo if you want an idea of the size.
HTH
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 05:55 PM
I would like that - I thought they would be the size of a frisbee. Do you think it would help Louie out?
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2011, 06:05 PM
http://www.workingdogcompany.co.uk/d...ary=&keywords=

These are really good.

Had them recomended to us.

And I'll get a photo tommorow for you of the disc dummie not sure if it would help or not I'm not a big fan of them but would recomend the ones on the link.

HTH
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Can't for the life of me find the site I saw a while ago which had lots of different canvas dummies... I'll keep looking.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 07:03 PM
I found the first disk dummy that I liked - but now I can't find where it was at all! So frustrating Thank you nndogs

Edit: the link you posted - I've seen those before but I'm not sure on the design - he has a big gob but I don't think it's that big
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I found the first disk dummy that I liked - but now I can't find where it was at all! So frustrating Thank you nndogs

Edit: the link you posted - I've seen those before but I'm not sure on the design - he has a big gob but I don't think it's that big
Partridge size isn't that big I will take photos of the one we have.

http://www.kirkbournecountrystore.co...aining+Dummies

Found the site I was after, I like the pink ones
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2011, 07:35 PM
http://www.gundog-solutions.co.uk/pa...mmies_5610.cfm

Didn't realise they came in different sizes (disc dummies) will have to work out what size the one we've got is.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 07:56 PM
You learn something new every day, never knew what a disc dummy was!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
You learn something new every day, never knew what a disc dummy was!
I was actually going to buy one and see what you thought to it (then the internet didn't like me and undid all my billing form)

Apparently they're supposed to encourage your dog to use it's nose as the disk is pretty much flat - just been on a gun dog forum and they've said that the Saint ones are the best as they encourage the dog to pick it up in the middle. So I don't know next time we go out I may have one I may not - it'd be interesting to see how Flynn got on with one, don't you think?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >