register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Water has receded back this morning, but seeing where it was is pretty scary. Just a sea of silt and mud now all along the banks of the river when I took Mabs, Kesh and Zen up for a walk on the towpath. We've got the Fire Brigade,Council and a Bin Wagon here, so its pretty crowded and there is a traffic jam coming over the bridge which is the only way in and out of the village, there was one of those sewage pipe things reversing into a line of cars when I was coming back with the girls, but everything seems quite calm and organised. Could see people clearing the muck on the new estate, but no houses under water now. Same with the estate where the paper mill was, although you can see where the water's been.
Took Cariad and Lona over to the riverbank to see what it was like, and there's always one, had had a nice trouble free walk, and as we turned a corner we turned into an old guy with 2 fluffy yappy things on leads about a mile long, which promptly wrapped themselves around his legs and had a go at Cariad and Lona, who started back, so I dragged them back and shouted for him to shorten his leads, he was an accident waiting to happen, didn't go down well, but he is the very same bloke who stopped me once and asked how I managed to walk 3 at the same time without disaster striking, and when I said training, his face shut down as he wasn't interested in it requiring any effort on his part. Went onto the river bank and the water has actually been over the electricity sub station which is on there, so come pretty far over then, wonder it didn't blow up, but we had electric all night. The land Mercman has got planning permission for has been halfway covered with water, its gone back now, but can you imagine living in a house built there, your first Christmas and you get out by rowing boat
Came back with Cariad and Lona and the very same man with the fluffy yappy things was walking towards so crossed the road and had severe muttered warnings with Cariad and Lona and they walked past like angels whilst the yappy dogs yapped and wrapped their leads around the guys legs again.
I do think its high time we stopped sending money to countries that have their own space programme for instance, if they can afford to send a rocket into space, or develop bombs,then they can afford to look after their people.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Exactly June.
Charity begins at home.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Just rung to get someone over to unblock the drain and its going to be Tuesday soooo just have to keep sweeping the water out and using Bold Liquid to keep it smelling nice after the bleach and disinfectant
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Afternoon everyone glad to hear the water is receding back but what a mess it will leave.
Has been raining here all day too and dark.
We went to Arbuckles for breakfast after walking Dillon who nearly had his nose taken off by a JRT. He had crossed over onto the river bank I said he is friendly he said she is too. So Dillon made a bee line for her and admittedly he was a bit bouncy anyway he settled went to say hello and she snapped at his face. She wants to chase he said. We moved on rather quickly.
Went to pc world to look for a lap top the one I liked in the right price range was out of stock so was the cd player we wanted. Popped over the road to Tesco looked at some lap tops there and noticed there were other brands in boxes asked for the price so off toddled the assistant to get it right price so my next question was can I have a look. No we cannot open them off I went told him to forget it and it was ludicrous. Found an assistant who was dressed like she might of been a supervisor she wasn't but asked what my problem was so explained she said she could get a manager I replied no. Apparently if they open the box and you don't buy it they have to send it back.
We stopped at the Wisbech Tesco same thing certain brands out not the one I was interested in assistant came over asked if he could help so asked some questions explained what had happened in Lynn. He said that's always happening we can open them but if you didn't buy it we would have to explain to the next customer if they did they would have to tell them it had been opened.
He also said someone who had problems walked out of the Lynn store and took it to the Wisbech store because the Lynn staff are rude and unhelpful. I brought the lap top from the Wisbech store.
Gorden is now setting it up for me.

Mark says he is not sure Tracey wants to put things right he knows he has pee'd her off recently but it seems he can't seem to break the barrier down. He thinks they will end up going back round in circles if they do sort things now. I have offered to go over for a weekend and look after the boys and we will pay for a meal and a night in a hotel if it will help. Sometimes life gets in the way they both work hard and of course the children are always about. Haven't had an answer about that.
We hope they sort it we both feel they have something but if they are both going to be miserable what can you do ? We have offered our advice to him he has listened and taken it on board its up to them now.
Not feeling hopeful.

Sorry to hear you were disturbed last night Nippy Jen. Hope they have managed to find the right help for your neighbour.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Harvey, that is good to know but is it true and where is the money headed, hopefully to those in trouble.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
when I said training, his face shut down as he wasn't interested in it requiring any effort on his part.
You know what June, this is what infuriates me about so many people these days. I was talking to a lady while waiting for SWMBO to come out of Sainsburys and she was quite chatty, she had a dog (Not with her) and we were talking about how to try to understand dogs. I mentioned a book I had read many years ago that helped me.

Do you know what, her face went the same way, shut down, blank, it really makes me mad. I told her she could get it from the library still didn't spark any interest. Why don't people want to learn

My parents taught me that you NEVER stop learning but the education system today seems to be geared to just scrapping by at school and college and thereafter going on one hell of a holiday lasting the rest of your life

Lots of 'mad' icons there because learning doesn't need to cost money but it does mean switching the dam TV off and giving up a night or two at the pub One of my constant moans - sorry
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
The land Mercman has got planning permission for has been halfway covered with water, its gone back now, but can you imagine living in a house built there, your first Christmas and you get out by rowing boat
Didn't you say almost a year ago that where he was planning to build was not a good place

Once again the council planning dept. have not done their job properly but I dare say they were influenced by the 'free' something that Mercman was offering not to mention the brown envelopes under the desk.

Have you any idea when building work will start
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey, that is good to know but is it true and where is the money headed, hopefully to those in trouble.
Sorry Moyra I can be a tad sarcastic at times, no of course it's not true
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Just watching Rod Stewart singing Carols. Wonderful. His voice is not special it is different but he is rendering the carols beautifully!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 05:30 PM
He is not getting any younger but for his age he is doing fantastically well.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >