View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2015, 10:36 AM
If your Gran doesn't want to use a crate (understandable, given the cirumstances the dog was in when first found!), has she considered a play-pen? Or a baby-gate to stop the dog getting into the kitchen?

It does sound to me as if it's the new flooring, or the glue used, which is grabbing the dog's attention. I think the advice you've been given is excellent -

1. Wear him out with a good long walk or game in the garden before leaving him.
2. Give him something better to chew on while he's left that's more rewarding than the Lino - a filled Kong, Jumbone, etc.
3. Give him an activity to occupy him when he's left; A treat dispenser like a dice or ball is good, or just put a few biscuits in a cardboard box and let him figure out how to get them out.
4. Separate him from the kitchen floor somehow, maybe with play-pen panels or a baby-gate.

Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2