Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Raielyn
New Member!
Female 

10-03-2015, 03:22 PM

Odd Chihuaha behaviour?

My dog is a year now, i'm guessing she was rescued from a dumpster at what I think was about 6 weeks old.. give or take
but she's a great dog mostly, but she's got odd quirks I'm finding
1. She seems to howl when she wants something, not a bark, but more like a beagle or hound bray and does this also as she seems to talk to you
2. she plays fetch, loves it and is OCD about it , tennis balls are her favorite, not the small ones the normal sized one and how she carries it I'm not sure

these may not seem huge but from a chihuahua i would think it was, I've bred Goldens which i wouldn't find it odd if they did it.
But i've never seen her breed do it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2015, 03:31 PM
And it all goes back to breed not meaning that each dog doesn't have his or her own personality. My Nigredo is a Labramutt, but will only fetch a little bit and prefers to run instead. He enjoys snow more than water, as well. Each dog, regardless of breed(s) may have certain things that are not standard. It's part of the joy of owning a dog. My Nigredo also has a hound dog bark when he hears a knock on the door. So untypical, but adorable nonetheless.

Edit:
If that is her in the photo, she could very well be mixed. I think I can see some JRT in that head shape. JRT like to fetch oftentimes.
Raielyn
New Member!
Female 

10-03-2015, 04:13 PM
Yes that'sher, she hates me cause i put her in sweaters.. even if she loves the snow

hm well and her brother were found in a dumpster her brother looks nothing like her, half her size and has every aspect of a chihuahua.. her she's double the size
but that could explain if she was, jrt are a bit more of that bray sounding breed
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2015, 06:38 PM
There was a team of LC Chihuahuas competing in the Obreedience at Crufts last week. As I've seen a photo of the team with rosettes, I think that they were placed too!