Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
waggytail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2015, 08:12 PM

Super Strong dog crate/cage/ pen

Can anyone recommend a good make of dog crate, cage or pen for a dog with separation issues? He has escaped and destroyed the last two! need something sturdy and strong to keep him safe during the training. Thanks.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Hello Waggytail I bought a create from these people a few years ago...

http://www.doghealth.co.uk/

It was very strong with no sharp edges and had an 'up and over door' as well as side doors which proved really useful for habituating my dog to the crate because it could be left open while not getting in the way.

I was very pleased with it...
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-01-2015, 05:34 PM
I've got dog health crates too but none of my dogs have ever attempted to escape. When I had my Parson Russell though I don't think any crate on earth would have contained him. You could speak to a kennel manufacturer about down sizing a kennel height wise for use as a crate. They might be able to help.
bowmanryan
New Member!
Male 

26-01-2015, 04:11 AM
Hi Waggytail, I would suggest Kennel crate for indoor use and transportation including by air. However Did you ever try to know why your dog escaped twice? Dog separation anxiety is often unknowingly encouraged by dog owners. Read some good blogs like "Dealing-with-Separation-Anxiety" or "how-to-teach-your-dog-to-love-his-crate" and you will get better ideas on this.