View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2015, 11:05 PM
We have up the road a very laugh boxer cross Staffie its massive and it hates dogs.but the owner walks it in a lead not that she could stop it if it really wanted to go. And when ever I see her I put jake on we both wave and walk on .to seconds to put your dog on .no excuse not to.
Bevm
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2015, 09:30 AM
YEs they do think they are special.Whether it is because he is a retired solicitor or that he lives in a big house I don't know.But our neighbours have had problems as he lets his dogs run up and down there hedge out the front trying to get to their dogs.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2015, 11:12 AM
He will probably think he is well above the law that all us 'ordinary' people have to abide by. Going to get a shock then isn't he
Bevm
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2015, 08:41 PM
I think he already did when he heard my language.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Language or no, this is a serious problem. People need to know that they CANNOT use their dogs as tools for their own aggressive git-ness. There are laws in place about this, and they don't necessarily have to relate to dogs: this is about the owners, and their utterly awful, irresponsible, uncultured, nasty approach to social existence. I can't tell you the number of times I've been harassed by someone like this-- but I can tell you that on every occasion that I have called the police, they have been helpful and there were tangible results more than once.

You do not have to put up with this. Antisocial behaviour inhibits your life and ganks your well-being. It is a criminal offence for a reason. If you don't want to make a stink, you can arrange to talk to an officer privately-- they will help you. If you can gang up with other nice dog people like yourself, do so, but don't feel like you have to go out in force to combat these jerks. If you do go out in force, more power to you!
ste71
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-01-2015, 10:57 AM
that is simply out of order - where is the law? we need laws for this ****! too many scummy types with "neddish" dogs, sorry - owners these days. been a victim myself.
just avoid if you can.
all the best to ye.
ste71
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-01-2015, 11:04 AM
apologies for double posting folks. but i was wondering - if this problem persists you should video it and report to council and police. to be honest i have had enough of aggressive dogs and owners.
good point strangechild - its a criminal offence.
ban the damn owners i say!
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by ste71 View Post
ban the damn owners i say!
That is precisely what happened on one occasion when I reported an aggressive owner with uncontrollable dogs. He came along shouting insults and threats, ordering us to 'get our dogs under control' (mine were all on lead and just sitting there; my friend's were not on lead, but all three were lying at her feet, not doing anything in particular, tired from a good walk). Turns out the guy had been reported before. Police caught him up and he was banned from that park. It seems he had been banned from others before that. I feel bad for the dogs... where are they supposed to walk? But the owner was unbearable.

It's not just other dog people, either. That particular park is extremely popular, disabled-accessible, nice, and beautiful; it's used by the elderly, children, families, day care groups, Tai Chi groups, rehearsing Shakespearean actors, all kinds. It's a nice place, and we absolutely do not need it ruined by people who think they own the world. I'll tell you this much: if you stand up for yourself, you'll find you have allies. Nobody likes an obnoxious jerk.
Bevm
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Had to let everyone know about an update on this. About a week ago imagine my surprise when I got home from work to find flowers for me apparently they were from the people who I had the massive row with who said they were very sorry and it wont happen again. It is just a shame that it had to come to that to get anything down but at least the problem has been solved.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Good to hear,really hope it continues.Good luck
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >