View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bon
Almost a Veteran

20-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Good morning....good morning....I am singing this

Jeanette I was asking because I thought there may be a medical reason. I have never heard anything like those carboard boxes LOL.
I would really try the exercise in the morning and I think it may work like a charm for you.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks.

I'm going to work tomorrow, so I'll just get up a little earlier (omg! I'm soon getting up at night instead of morning), How long time do you think I should exersice her in the morning?
I mean I'm already getting up at 5.10 am and leaving at 6.20.

Jeanette
Bon
Almost a Veteran

20-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Wow Jeanette, thats the crack of dawn LOL. I would try for fifteen minutes of some hard excercise. Is there anywhere near by she could run, you could keep throwing a ball for her is she likes that sort of thing.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Just outside my appartment but she isn't that interested in fetching balls and things. She does in once or twice and then the fun is over.
And I'm the one running around looking like a complete idiot, throwing the ball running to pick it up and throwing it again

Sticks she like, but mostly for lying and chew them to pieces!

But I'll bring an arsenal of things with me, and we'll see what catches her interest most.

Well tomorrow morning - come to think of it - I have my friends dog with, so I could let them run and play instead of keeping them on leash as I usually do - because I was advised to

Jeanette
Bon
Almost a Veteran

20-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Jeanette that is a wonderful idea. All dogs needs exercise and I think you will see a big difference. I found this article for you to read on the importance of dogs having the proper exercise. Let me know how you make out tomorrow morning. If you don't have a lot of time some mornings get most of Luna's play time in the evening before.

Exercise - Why Dogs Need It
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Con...mp;SourceID=47
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi Bon

That was good reading and made me think. I never really get to practice the things we learn at training because when I come home from work I go to my friends home and stay there or have Bella with me. So maybe I could do that the mornings I don't have Bella with me. That would also make her mentally tired aswell.

Today we are in about an hours time going for a walk in the woods. I've invited my mum and stepfather with so thats going to be a nice walk. We'll probablely be gone for about 2½-3 hours and get nice tired dogs.

I'm going out to dinner with my father and am going to leave the dogs alone for a couple of hours. Well Bella will be at her own home. I don't have the guts to leave them alone together for more than 10-15 minutes max.

Jeanette
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2004, 11:13 AM
That sounds like a nice walk, Jeanette
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Yeah it is.

The dogs have to be on leash in the forest but can be loose on the way there - or Luna can be loose on the way there. I don't trust Bella quite enough yet - no that's not quite true. She is just so hyper and runs around and around, so I feel I've got better control having her on leash.

Jeanette
Bon
Almost a Veteran

20-05-2004, 11:52 AM
I love going out for dinner, have a great time Jeanette.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks

Just home after a 2 hour walk to - in and from the forest.

The dogs are resting and I'm completely wacked! But in a nice way

I'm hungry so I'm looking forward to dinner. Its a long way 'till 6 o'clock

Jeanette
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >