View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 02:27 PM
you gotta be strict! kids lack discipline nowaday (not saying yours does but in general) and she cant feel as though she can tell you what she can and cant eat!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 02:31 PM
i dont let her do tell me , she would dare [ im not that scarey really ] it is my fault i just make her dinner seperate and have for about 2 years i do it without thinking which is worrying that i do that , is it a good idea to throw her in the deep end so to speak or do it graduall ??
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
my mum made me eat food i hated and now i have a fear of cornbeef i want to help her eat a well balanced dinner but not force her , like i was , she doen do milk either but would live on egg on toast she is a pain in the bum is my princess

I quite agree with you Ellas mum - forcing is not the way I would like to go either. My sister who is 51 still has terrible memories of being made to eat foods that she didn't like at school by a really awful bossy school dinner lady and it didn't make her like the foods either - just has horrible memories about it My o/h sister hates cheese too and won't eat it even now at nearly 49 years old.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 02:40 PM
i use to be sick litrally after eatting cornbeef , i think i will do it gradual just add a few things at a time and see how she goes , im dreading dinner later now
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:10 PM
i dont mean do a joan crawford on her

but tell her that she either eats it or goes hungry she will learn in time that she cant get the sympathy vote and will start eating them...

i used to HATE mushrooms and rice but looooove them now!!!! if she tries and genuinly doesnt like it then fine evrybody has foods they dont like!
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I totally sympathise with you I have 2 daughters one 10 the other 7. The eldest is better with her food now but only really improved in the last year, but she has always liked fruit and salady things, not so much junky foods apart from chips of course but hot meals in general she still struggles with although she will eat roasts etc now. She would be more than happy with sandwiches every night. My youngest is a junk food fiend, sausages her favourite. I have become firmer recently as I'm a vegetarian so sometimes cook separate things for me and have found that I end up cooking 4 different meals I think the small portions of different veg etc is a good idea. My youngest does now eat carrots and peas and 1 sprout (only 1 though) if I put it on her plate, so slowly building it up I think is the best way to go. As they get older I think they become more aware of what they should be eating there is a real push in schools now so I have found it has become easier to introduce the more healthy meals. My advice is to gradually add these foods and to persavere.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I can say i've been there too,my daughter at one point wouldn't touch anything green,peas,cabbage beans etc,i thought at one point about using food colouring to dye everything red but didn't.
Whatever you do don't turn mealtimes into a battle field,tell her if she doesn't eat whatever is on her plate she must try to eat it or nothing else till the next mealtime.
They soon get the message,i use to take my son's meals away from him if he was throwing food about or playing with it,he use to say don't want anymore,so i use to take it away nothing else till next mealtime,and it worked well.He very rarely leaves anything now or refuses to eat
Hope you manage to sort it out, good luck
Sal
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 06:17 PM
i am laughing my socks off now , when i started to make dinner i said i no you can help we can play big cook little ok much to her delight , so i made her fav lasanya , she pealed the mushrooms while i quickly mashed some swead [ when she wasn looking ] and added it to the pot she mixed it all up helped me put it in the oven .well dinner time came and she loved it !! so did the boys and you couldn taste it , so she ate it without knowing tom i will put some thing she knows carrots and see how she goes
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 08:06 PM
great!, sneaky but great!!!!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 08:20 PM
but its repeating on me now lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2