Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 01:34 PM

help with fussy eatter

well my lucie is 5 , and only eats pasta , bananas , oranges !! with there so much attention on the 5 portions of fruit and veg any one got any recipes that dont look like veg ??? she will only eat sweetcorn as far as veg go and thats it , she hates any kid of spud including crisps , chips , alfabets etc , and meat only mice in a spag bol and it is really hard at dinner time as she wont eat what we do the only fish ahe likes is tuna and pasta bake she is a fussy moo at meal time !!! she isn a junk food kid as she hates all mels like pizza , sausages any thing like that , she isn underweight i just worry about the portion thing any suggestions would be great
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 01:40 PM
give her the food and if she wont eat she will go hungry she will soon like veg!

i was that way and it worked with me
she cant get her own way!
YOU are the mother!You tell her what to eat!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 01:43 PM
ive thought about that she is sooooo stubon [ just like her father ] dinner time will be a mere but worth a go thanks
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 01:44 PM
it will be and she will cry and scream and kick and call you names but you will win in the end, it will be worth it! just keep going even when you want to cry yourself!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
ive thought about that she is sooooo stubon [ just like her father ] dinner time will be a mere but worth a go thanks

I can sympathise with you there Ellas mum because Rhianna is just the same - there are sooo many foods that she won't eat. She HATES cheese and eggs and always has done from being able to talk She usually has sandwiches for her dinner at home with some grapes or apple - she won't touch oranges at all or any other fruit. For tea she is equally as difficult. She won't touch most things. I have found she likes fish in butter sauce with potatoes and a few frozen veg and fish fingers she will eat usually and those tins of spagetti and sausages and pasta shapes in tins but not much else I am afraid. She will also eat sausage and mash sometimes.

My eldest daughter who was 14 on Monday is just the same - everything I make she turns her nose up at. I have come to the conclusion its girls that are pains in the bum where food is concerned. My son who is 15 will eat everything put in front of him and never moans.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 01:57 PM
my boys to they might not like it but they no it good for them [ they love the cod in butter sauce !! ]but she hates gravey , beans , spag any thing like that oh she does like yorkshire pud , for sunday dinner thats all she eats she hates any kind of meat , but doesn like veg so cant even let her be a veg , its pasta all the time !!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 02:00 PM
i was a bad eater when I was little with certain foods and My dad made me sit at the dinner table until i had cleaned my plate - sometimes |i sat there till bedtime crying !!

thing is now - I eat most things and certainly the foods that I hated as a child.

Its easy to say especially as I dont have kids - but you have to instill food acceptance now - she probably has it in her head that she doesnt like these things - but has never actually eaten it . Supernanny did a program with incredibly funny eaters and they got a plate with seperate compartments and the child had to eat a certain amount out of each compartment ( which included 2 veg compartments) and if they did they would then get a reward ( like pudding etc) It certainly worked for those boys.

My mum used to serve us mashed potato with brocooli and chicken and she always convinced us to eat the brocolli by sticking it in our mashed potato and telling us it was baby apple trees - we ate it - or were we just stupid kids ?? LOL
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 02:03 PM
aww im sorry your little one wont eat certain foods it must be very hard for you at meals times,ive never had this problem the only things my son wont eat is fruit of any kind so i substitute in vitamin drops for him also he wont eat cakes,puddings,deserts,cerals unless its porridge it has to be natural no sugar sprinkled on it toast he likes dry cream crackers dry sandwiches he wont eat but will eat dried bread he rather have a cooked dinner with loads of veg apart from the few ive named he will eat anything going
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Same with me, I was sat at the table until I'd eaten it.

Although what my mam used to do is put a larger portion of, for example: peas, on my plate (i hated peas) and she would then divide it into a smaller portion (the amount she would have normally given me) and say, "just eat that little portion and you can go", worked with me, I always thought I was getting the better deal!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 02:10 PM
my mum made me eat food i hated and now i have a fear of cornbeef i want to help her eat a well balanced dinner but not force her , like i was , she doen do milk either but would live on egg on toast she is a pain in the bum is my princess
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >