Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks every so much for your advice.
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 04:00 PM
I had 5 kids and although that was a few years ago when trends were different - mine always slept in a carrycot in my room until they were sleeping through the night. Then they went in the carrycot inside their own cot, in their own room, for a little while before being transferred to their cot. (Putting the carrycot inside the big cot made the change less noticeable for them).
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks Sandra - I know some prams/buggies come complet with a carrycot, so I'll have to suss these out as well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm going back 20 plus years but mine went into a cot but in our room until around 6 months old.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2006, 09:37 AM
hi, Cody sleeps in a wooden crib in our room next to my side of the bed, we dont have a cot yet but are going to have to get one very soon as hes growing fast. When hes got Colic (last 2 weeks) on a bad night hes had to sleep in his pram which means he can sit up a bit more which helps him to sleep.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Charlotte slept in a moses in our room then the moses in the cot, then the cot. She was in with us for about 6 months as it was easier to breast feed whilst still half asleep We were told to do feet to bottom of the cot as Foxy says and the only other thing we did was to raise the head of the moses (then cot) very slightly as this was how the nurses did it in hospital.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2006, 08:03 PM
My lil boy was in a moses basket for the first 3 mths then in a cot, he went in his own room around 6 mths old.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Sorry just had to say this - Awww ickle babies! :smt049

Wish you all the luck in the world LS, not that you'll need it!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
From night one both mine slept in their own rooms. For the first few weeks they were in Moses Baskets, then into a cot. They never slept in the same room as us mainly cos there was no room to put a moses basket in let alone a cot.Both of them, from the age of 8 weeks slept right through the night, a full 12 hours and they still do now at ages 7 and 6 years
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2