Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 02:13 PM

Phew doesn't life throw some things at you

Well its not been a great start to the new year , my little sis has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer , it looks like its early and hopefully can be treated , I will be there for her and get her through this , she has 2 young children and given I have a medical background I can help her to get through the system and support the kids to help them understand mum needs some treatment.

Something like this sure puts things in perspective and reminds you of what is important

Just needed to share this , hope thats ok
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I am sorry to hear about your sister my sister has this.

She was 61 when she found out and had chemo and a total hysterectomy bowel reconstruction and something else cannot remember what it was called but it involved a problem higher up in the stomach and that needing removing too.

She still has to have regular check ups every 4 months and is not clear by any means but on the whole and the initial outlook in the beginning was very grim so much so they did not really want to operate but she asked them too and after some deliberation they did she is 100x times better and is living her life again.

So I will keep everything crossed your sister comes through too. As it is early stages Gills wasn't and her age is for her she stands a really good chance.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
What awful bad news for you. So sorry to hear it.

Your sister sounds strong and young enough to fight this. As you say, she has family around her to give her strength.

Hugs and positive vibes winging their way to you all x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your sister. All best wishes to her with as many {{{vibes}}} as I can muster. xx
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your sister, best wishes to you all at this difficult time.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 03:58 PM
The big 'C'. Just the diagnosis scares witless doesn't it? As you say, they've caught this early so your sister has an exceptional chance of successfully coming out the other side and with your help to keep her calm and informed and help with the kids she will hopefully be fine.

Positive vibes for her and hugs for those around her who will also be suffering in their own way with the fear of what's to come xxx
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 04:02 PM
I am really sorry your sister had such horrid news and I hope 2012 becomes known as the year your sister kicked the c words ass. It is great that you will be there for her and her children.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 05:27 PM
My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family I know exactly what you are all ging through as in August last year I was diagnosed with Uterine cancer but with the skill of a very good surgeon and lots of luck I am totally cured

My love to you all

Jeanette x x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family I know exactly what you are all ging through as in August last year I was diagnosed with Uterine cancer but with the skill of a very good surgeon and lots of luck I am totally cured

My love to you all

Jeanette x x
That is wonderful to hear! Nothing better than the words all clear. So pleased for you xxxx

Tomthelurcher I am so sorry to hear about your sister. It's brilliant that it has been caught early though, that is absolutely crucial. She really does stand the best chance in recovering from this. I wish her all the luck in the world in beating this horrific disease. xxxxx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear about your sis, what a blow for the new year.
Thinking of you & hope for her full recovery xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >