View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Well, I've taken the trouble to find mine, if only to put my own mind at rest!!! It's called a Novasonic, and it's very heavy, metal, with a round white ceramic plate on the body contact point, and a curly wire with a transformer and it comes in a grey case with just the Novasonic on the top, so still none the wiser, I'm gonna have to Google again!

I've taken some pics and will pop off to PB with them and see if anyone knows what the heck I bought here!!! It's no more than 3 years old, and although I was under immense stress taking care of that mother of mine, I do know I still had my marbles in place when I asked for a TENS machine in Boots

I've found it!!!!
http://www.novasonic-therapy.co.uk/

Would you believe it, it's now £159!!! I only paid £120! This is an ultrasonic device and was voted the best out there by the Daily Mail and others, it's Swedish, and having read all about it now, I think I'm gonna switch it on and start on my aching hip!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Motek Sheli - that is not a TENS machine!

I do not know what it is, but I know what it is not!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Motek Sheli - that is not a TENS machine!

I do not know what it is, but I know what it is not!
It looks to be some kind of ultrasonic device for home use, and having now read all the blurb, I shall definitely be giving it a whirl after my shower, on my left hip which is aching profusely from walking down, across the side of a very steep hill each morning to keep Zena happy Maybe I should start that walk off the other way around, then I'll have two boogered hips won't I!!!

Don't worry Harvey, it'll be a 5 min wonder with me, so if you think it'll do some good for your wife, better than a tens, I will send it off to you, or wait till your next visit to the UK.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I did notice this paragraph:-

"Novasonic produces sound waves, in the Intrasonic Wave range, specifically designed to penetrate up to 60mm (2¼ inches) into your body"

Well I worked in electronics and telecomms for more years than I care to talk about and I don't think I've ever heard of Intrasonic waves. I think they mean Ultrasonic which is something above human hearing range (Maybe 30KHz up to 100KHz) or they may mean Infra Red which is pretty much the same as those little heaters you can buy in B&Q which heat the object the're pointing at and not the air around them.

Now you've got it out the box why not give it a go on yourself If we never hear from you again we'll all know what happened
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Don't worry Harvey, it'll be a 5 min wonder with me, so if you think it'll do some good for your wife, better than a tens, I will send it off to you, or wait till your next visit to the UK.
Well I can't wait for a real live 'user report' from you on this one H Hope you don't disappear in a cloud of smoke when you switch it on
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3