Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Aw poor Tonks, I bet there is a lot of Staff eye rolling going on, there alway is when they are ill .

Remember a little warm honey and water will help her throat if she is coughing a lot. I hope she is better soon .
Yes there is a lot of that going on.....flashing her red eyes at me.

Oddly enough, as yet, there is not much coughing.

The vet was feeling her throat and asked if she had been coughing and i said no....of course then she did the classic cough. He then said has she been wrethching and i said no...........so she did a big wretch and looked at the vet as if to say " she hasn't even noticed, it's been terrible, i've been coughing all the time...poor me!"
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Yes there is a lot of that going on.....flashing her red eyes at me.

Oddly enough, as yet, there is not much coughing.

The vet was feeling her throat and asked if she had been coughing and i said no....of course then she did the classic cough. He then said has she been wrethching and i said no...........so she did a big wretch and looked at the vet as if to say " she hasn't even noticed, it's been terrible, i've been coughing all the time...poor me!"
Mine do the opposite... Pharaoh's limp is getting worse. I am going to take him to the vet tomorrow but I know he will as he always does conceal all weakness as soon as he sees the vets and refuse to make a wince or a noise no matter what the vet does making me look like a neurotic munchausen mummy....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Awww poor Tonks, sending some dogsey love to help her get better.xxxxx Now you've put me off my training class tonight though!

Is that right what you are saying do you think? Somebody had the audacity to take a puppy with suspected kennel cough to a puppy training class then???? That's absolutely disgraceful imo! I wouldn't even take my dog out let alone to mix with other dogs, I hope you've had words with the suspects!!!

All the best with Tonks, it's just not fair
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 06:00 PM
aaaw hugs to tonks love brunster xxxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Poor Tonks, I hope she feels better soon. Aswell as Mini's suggestion, I always find Benylin useful if they get that hacking cough...you can get the kiddies version, it really does help to soothe the irritation.

Big hugs for the poorly mite xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Aw healing hugs to poor Tonks. Cosmo has just got over a similar viral infection...not properly confirned as KC and not as bad as Tonks sounds,bless. I'm sure the ABs will be helping in no time though.

As an aside, as it's airborne, you can bring it in on your clothes so it may well be worth getting changed before and after class just as an extra precaution.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for everyones tips and love. She has been sleeping all night and is now licking OH feet (yuck!) one of her favourite things!

Don't worry about going to puppy classes with Zena Helena - they can pick up all sorts of things but it's better to be there and take the risk really. I think some people just don't know much about pups/dogs and how things are spread so this lady thought it would be ok. Trouble with most things is that they are already contagious before they start to show symptoms......so there isn't any avoiding it really!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Hugs to Tonks, hope she feels better soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Poor Tonks hope she is feeling better soon.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Thank you - she has only had a handful of treats today and hasn't touched breakfast or tea........even when i put some of her favourite treats on top...
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >