Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 09:10 AM

Biffters update...part 3!!!!

Biffters was at the vet again on Friday, she commented on how healthy he was and what a lovely dog he is!!! I think she has a soft spot for him...bless.

Anyway, she is REALLY pleased with his progress. The swelling has reduced some more and the blood is clearing from his eye. You can now see his pupil, but sadly, so far it doesn't respond to light etc. She said it is still too early to tell if he'll get his sight back,right now he doesn't have any! Mo and the pup are learning to move out of his way on that side so they don't get crashed into!!!

He has adjusted remarkably well to not being able to see on one side, to be honest you can't tell unless you really look at him that there is a problem with it and unless you watch his movements carefully, you'd never know he couldn't see on one side.

This was him on Easter Sunday when he got back from the vets looking very miserable indeed....

This was him 5 minutes ago...looking scruffy because I woke him up to take the pic!!!!

Thanks again everyone for all your support, it was awful there at one point, I thought we might lose him and you lot were such a help. Thanks.

He is back at the vets next week and is still on Metacam, no eye drops at all now. Fingers crossed she remains pleased with him.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Way to go Biff (but I would have a moan to Ramble for waking you up - that deserves at least a little treat )

Really pleased for you.

By the way - watched 'Top Dog' last night (probably very old one) & one of the dogs on it was blind in her left eye - she managed to do full agility course & you wouldn't have any idea at all. So, even if Biff's sightt doesn't come back, I'm sure he will be fine
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks Hali, you wouldn't be able to tell if you didn't watch, he does crash into Mo if he is on the wrong side of him and he hasn't noticed!!!! I think poor Mo just thinks it's Biffters trying to annoy him even more than ususal...I always say poor Mo has a lot to deal with, it's like Einstein (Mo) living with the village idiot!!!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I always say poor Mo has a lot to deal with, it's like Einstein (Mo) living with the village idiot!!!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Aw ...look at that little face..
I am sure Biff will manage just fine with one eye .
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Wow what a difference. I'm sure he'll do fine if he has lost his sight in one eye. Dogs cope far better than we do!
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks Mini...he is certainly back to his normal self, which is lovely to see!!!! The vet is thrilled with him. She is able to put the drops in his eye and get up close to examine him no problem at all, he has been a model patient and now, after hating our last vets, pulls to get into the examining room!!!I think he must know she is helping him!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Thats what the vet said Becky, she said dogs often put humans to shame.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Ailsa Biff is looking so much better and as Beck says even if the sight does not come back he will cope. So pleased for you and for him. Big hugs to him from me,
E xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh he is so so gorgeous A - swap you for Hamish

Glad to see he is doing well - sorry but I missed Bifters progress/problems.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >