Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 06:30 PM

pointers - update...

Hey!

Some of you know after looking into a few breeds - I have decided the dog I want ot spend the rest of my life with is the Pointer. I think they are utterly beautiful and can't fault their look - and so far in my research - their temperament.

Yesterday I e-mailed the breed club and I am hoping for a quick reply - so that i can chat to breeders and meet the dogs themselves (and when I do there will be plenty of pics!). I know it's over a year until we get a dog at al - but i don't think you can ever do too much research! I am so excited....

*waits eagerly for a reply*

Anyone got any mroe advice or info on the Pointer?

xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz
Hey!

Some of you know after looking into a few breeds - I have decided the dog I want ot spend the rest of my life with is the Pointer. I think they are utterly beautiful and can't fault their look - and so far in my research - their temperament.

Yesterday I e-mailed the breed club and I am hoping for a quick reply - so that i can chat to breeders and meet the dogs themselves (and when I do there will be plenty of pics!). I know it's over a year until we get a dog at al - but i don't think you can ever do too much research! I am so excited....

*waits eagerly for a reply*

Anyone got any mroe advice or info on the Pointer?

xx
Congratulations they are fantastic dogs..I can tell you of one great line and will PM you the details later ...
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

15-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Great stuff! Keep us updated! Mini what lines are they?

Carole
Supervisor

15-09-2005, 07:14 PM
congratulations on making your decision
Meg
Supervisor

15-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Great stuff! Keep us updated! Mini what lines are they?

...will PM you late don't like to say online
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks Mini - look forward to getting the details. I have a few lines in mind - that I've seen online - but of course - i don't know what thy are like or any practises or anything - so that's not at al set in stone.

I am just really excited about this all. I think it has taken me so many years to come to a reasonable decision. Certainly when i was a lot younger I had a lot of insecurity issues and I mostly liked breeds that looked 'hard' or wolf-like (i think i may have just liked wolves - not a hardness thing at all) But we are talking when I was 10 - 14 here. I have always loved Akitas etc - but I realise that they are far too powerful for me - expecially when I don't have a great deal of experience in them. Same with tib. mastiffs etc.

I just think the pointer suits me down to the ground.

xx

Ps. Sorry for opening up on myself a bit feel like an idiot for being so open and honest about my foolishness...
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 07:43 PM
I am assuming you mean English Pointers and not German. I have Germans but know the English Pointers well and I am sure you will not be disappointed. They are such a tactile breed and need so many cuddles, then they go out in the field and are all business!! Do you have any colour preferences?
There is a very good breeder based not too far from me in the Yorkshire Dales, I have seen her dogs and they are stunners, but if you have looked into it I am sure you will know who I mean.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 07:49 PM
I do mean English although if i ever start to breed (which i would like to) then I may branch into GSP's too - as my fiance adores them too. He just prefers the way they look to English Pointers - though to be honest I think there's no contest they are both amazing!

I dfon't have a preferance at al... I want ALL colours! but i do like the orange and liver ones best I think... :S but that could change!

Does anyone have fotos of tricolour? I know they are faulted but i would like to see a pic anyway!

xx
ETA - sorry Het - I haven't researched any breeders yet so I don't know who you mean? perhaps you could PM me the details - my fiance is from West Yorks and we go there often so I could pay a visit!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Just another update.

I never did get a response from ANYONE I e-mailed - and I can't use fones - as I don't have one - well a mobile - but little - no credit - and i am chronically phone shy... lol

Has anyone any other ideas? I am really starting to lose heart - I was so looking forward to replies.

xx
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Sorry to hear you havent had replies
I know some clubs can take a while to answer enquiries!
If you dont want to call, can you get a family member/friend to do it for you?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >