View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I agree with you. i am arranging a visit to a breeder in leeds when we are next up that way, and i will hopefully be contacting the breeder I mentioned before and going there for a visit, as soon as this weeks bout of dreadful exams is over. As I said it would be a couple of years before I take on ANY dog, and a tibetan Mastiff, may well be one for the future. I just want to gather as much info as possible before I make the decision. thanks again for your help everyone. I think I may well aim for a pointer pup first off, and then go for my goal when I have more experience with the breed. Maybe offer to help a breeder out.

xx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh! If only all prospective dog owners did as much research as you are proposing, we would have fewer dogs for re-homing, fewer dogs injured through lack of knowledge and a much better match of owners lifestyle with the breed acquired. Well done, and good luck with the finals sets of exams.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 03:48 PM
I cant add to anything that everyone has said. Tibetan Mastiffs are stunning dogs, very impressive animals, but can be very dominant and aloof, this combined with their size and strenght, dont make them an ideal first dog IMO
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 04:45 PM
thanks all! it's really encouraging. i do want to research fully before hopping into anything as a) the dogs deserve it b) i would like to breed and show one day and need to find the dog for me first. c) it's a hell of a commitment to make any mistakes.
I hope I'm doing the right thing, I certainly don't wish to be hasty! thank you all for your advise and encouraging words.

xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2