Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 09:39 AM

PAT dogs

I know there are some people here with PAT dogs and wondered what your experiences were like.
Where do you go?
How long do you visit for?
Do your dogs enjoy it?
Have you had any problems or bad experiences?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:11 AM
im looking forward to hearing peoples responses from this, im wanting jake to be a PAT dog when he is a bit older so i will find this really interesting
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Our application for PAT dogs came through the post today so I'm really interested to hear people's first hand experiences.

My only concern with Maggie is that she is a bit of a puller on the lead.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
Our application for PAT dogs came through the post today so I'm really interested to hear people's first hand experiences.

My only concern with Maggie is that she is a bit of a puller on the lead.
Im sure wen i looked into it they have to walk without pulling with out using halti etc
ATD x
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 08:38 PM
My mother has just started her 8 yr old rescue ESS as a PAT dog. He had to do an assessment for about an hour for his basic obedience which included walking to heel, reactions to being handled by strangers, not jumping up etc. Mum had to be CRB checked and provide various references.

They go to day centres for the elderly, a blind school and a hospice. It seems to be the most rewarding thing you could do with your dog. Mum gets quite emotional when telling me about Obi's fan club. He gets quite tired but loves it, especially in the hospice when he gets to jump up on the bed for a cuddle with patients who can't sit in a chair.