Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
No cheaper dog food here, feeding a dog well is important to the health of a dog, to do anything other than this is false economy .

I am speaking as a widow on a very low income, I have returned to making my own bread, I also 'batch bake' so that the oven is not on unnecessarily and I make lots of soup which goes in the freezer. The heating is staying off and extra jumpers are going on but my dog will continue to eat well .
What Minihaha said, to an extent

The heating isn't on so high, we are getting cheaper food for ourselves, saving water and electricity, growing our own veg, bread baking and making cakes.

The dog eats fresh happy chicken and rice mixed with puppy mini bites at the moment, better than what we are getting
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Mine are fed James Wellbeloved and I would not change it. They also have one meal of fresh chicken breast each day so, if money got tight, they'd probably have to drop that but I'd make cutbacks on other stuff before my little ones' diet was affected - maybe cut the Hubby's wine intake or something like that!!!!!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 02:04 PM
We've slowly changed the dogs onto Vitalin Lamb and Rice Sensitive which is £23 for 15kgs. Before they were on Wafcol Salmon and Potato £38 for 15kgs. Poos are even better on the Vitalin, I'm really pleased with it so far and the dogs are enjoying it too.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 02:10 PM
What would be a good alternative to JWB?
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Here's the link for the Vitalin Elaine
http://www.vitalinpetfood.co.uk/lamb.htm

my local pet shop orders it in for me, cheaper than ordering directly from them have a read of the ingredients and see what you think. I'm impressed for the price
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
Here's the link for the Vitalin Elaine
http://www.vitalinpetfood.co.uk/lamb.htm

my local pet shop orders it in for me, cheaper than ordering directly from them have a read of the ingredients and see what you think. I'm impressed for the price
Lovely Cheers thanks a lot
Spirit_Storm
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-12-2008, 07:07 PM
We use to feed our 2 Pedigree biscuit but it cost me £15 for a 10kg bag and when we got through 1 bag each fortnight it was getting to much. A friend told me about a pet food shop in Corby called Big On Pets which sold a 15kg bag for £8.95. A bag of that lasts me between 3/4 weeks. It`s only that price because it`s called breeder pack for working dogs so you don`t pay VAT. We have been using that for about a year now and they love it.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes, although we switched a couple of years ago. I used to feed James Wellbeloved, but paying nearly £45 for a sack of dog food was just rediculous. Then switched to Arden Grange, but that slowly went up in price, too. So we switched to Skinners...
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Yes, although we switched a couple of years ago. I used to feed James Wellbeloved, but paying nearly £45 for a sack of dog food was just rediculous. Then switched to Arden Grange, but that slowly went up in price, too. So we switched to Skinners...
You can get Arden Grange for a great price from feedem online for lamb and rice adult just £22 with free delivery.....by far the cheapest iv'e seen it anywhere!!
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Mine were both on JWB but it got so expensive, so after recommendation from Paul & Sarah at Wiccaweys i changed my two onto CSJ lamb & rice (Skye can be sensitive) and its exactly the same ingredients but more than half the price i got 30kg delivered for the same price as 15kg of JWB. They still have a pouch of JWB as a topping for dinner, but brekkie is just the csj. They love it, and no change in poos, & shiny coats

Jann
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >