View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I got one pup from a BYB out of the local ads paper and another was an accident from a KC Accredited breeder. He has very good bloodlines however with Bryantscroft and Ansona in his breeding.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
lol Id love to, Mav is a stunner but its a bit early yet im afraid, plus im sure they would be intended for working [agility] homes?? so im out lol
Yes they all have obedience homes, before they were even born.

Lucky pups!To be so wanted
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
OH and I have been talking about adding number 3 to our family. I have decided that now is not the right time and we should wait until after our holiday next summer, so hopfully a little tike will be joining us sometime after july/august 2011.

Who here has got puppies from breeders and who has just looked around at the right time and found the perfect pup?

Iv never looked into breeders, iv just found the puppy at the right time sorta thing, not BYB ovcourse.

A friend came round last night with her 7 week old baby girl and I was soooo broody! Hence OH bringing up puppy again lol
I have 3 dogs, one rescue and two from breeders. One breeder I knew of through the showing ring, and I had choice of puffs. I knew I would be having a puppy from the litter before they were born, and the litter was whelped and raised by my mum.. So I knew everything was above board, knew the parents tempermants, saw the puppies grow daily ect.
The other I got from a breeder, I didnt hear of the litter until the puppies were 4weeks old and there were only two puppies left out of seven - I showed interest in the litter over emails, and as I 'knew' of the person through a friend within the CC's I thought and assumed everything would be correct. I took the breeders word for everything, and didnt 'look' into things as much as I could have done. Turns out things were not as I had hoped/assumed and the breeder was not all I had thought, I rightly or wrongly took the pup any how. I guess I would just advise anyone not to assume anything, just because a breeder has what you think is a good reputation doesnt mean you should look into them more. You can not look into a breeder enough.

I would advise anyone to select a breeder once settled on a breed, if you like the ethics and morals of the breeder put your self on a waiting list - getting puppies at the last minute might work for some people, but not something I will be doing again, I want to know of the planned litter before the mating from now on. Gives me a chance to get to know the breeder inside out.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 06:11 PM
i got both of mine from the same breeder.

quite lucky really that i found a really good breeder because i didnt really look into it enough. but shes a lovely lady definately above board and has some really nice dogs and goes above and beyond her breeder duties

daphni i first saw in the flesh at 4 weeks, but had picutres of her from the day she was born. i wasnt planning on her, i was orginally having a boy from a previous litter but didnt have the money, so when daphs litter was born, she knew i wanted a puff boy or girl, and daph was the only one in the litter and she was mine

asbo i had been waiting for 18 months for the litter. had my name down from the first time i saw the bitch. and when i found out who is dad was i was like "yep definately"

im glad i found the breeder i did, because through her i have learnt alot about my breed, met lots of lovely people, and found more breeders id have pups off.. hint hint nudge nudge devildogz
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Madison i got from a first time breeder her parents were lovely and so friendly, pups were raised in the house but i didnt have much knowledge of required health tests for the breed ( since learnt alot) and her parents had none but i have found a fab breeder who health tests this time and will hopefully have another Dobie next june!
Khasilooluv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Puppies are always exciting to plan for!
Have you choosen any breeders yet?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2