Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 05:47 PM

I've got great news.

Anyone remember the GSD from ages ago, the one negleted in the back garden with the poodle cross, the one who didn't get out for walks, and who picked up and shook the little dog...Well I heard recently that they were asking people to have him, but I heard too late, I then saw a pic on fb from the owners who mentioned they didn't have him no more and I thought the wrost, well today I met him, hes at the sanctuary Im volunteering at, and we were talking about this dog called Sid, one who had left footprints on some guys top, I then saw Sid, and it took a while for the penny to drop, it was him! He was there because apparently both owners had lost their job (lie I know the man at least has a job, as does the daughter who lives at home, who goes out most weekends at least) and they couldn't afford to feed him so they had to give him up, but he wss very underweight, and although they have to give the benefit of the doubt as I know them I don't I just can't believe it, I've never forgotten this dog, but I haven't seen him for ages, I didn't know he'd got so bad the good news is he's on tripe, doing great and so happy, and putting on weight again I made a few visits to him today and will be keeping a eye on him, and his owners but its great to see him happy and loved, and I reallu hopes he gets a new home soon.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 06:15 PM
That's great news Shame on them for lying though.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Good luck to the poor chap; it sounds as if his life is about to take a turn for very much the better.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I think I remember his story, at least now he is in a place where he is well looked after and fed, hopefully someone will come along soon and give him a loveing home
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
That's good news for him, lets hope he gets a good home next time.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Its amazing for him! Just seeing him there made my day, I know its not nice seeing dogs waiting for homes, but it was so much relief to see him there as it means that he's out of there, he's going grey, and they lied about his age, they've got him at the same age as Diesel, who I remember cleary was fully grown when they got Sid as they brought him to the park opposite the house so we brought Diesel out and he ran away from Sid, and they thought it was funny a fully grown dog ran away from a pup so he's younger then they said, so what is the point of lying apparently they had to wait to get a space, so at least they waited and let him go in, but Im so angry about how they let him loose so much weight and everything, poor guy, I just hope he' not there too long, he deserves a good home.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:06 PM
I've got in contact with others incase I got the job thing wrong, I haven't poor dog, but now Im worried about the little poodle mix, maybe they still want him, maybe someone else did, but I want to, infact maybe need to know where he is for my own peace of mind if anything, but can't find anyone who needs to know if I dont find out soon im gonna have to get in contact with them again but that will cause a argument which means that I wont know if they get anymore pets, so what do I do?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Just got a fb message.

Sid has a new home, he was booked on Saturday!!!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Brilliant news!!!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 04:06 PM
It is, maybe I wont see him this week as he will be gone, but that will make me happy even though I'd like to say bye to him.