Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2023, 07:43 AM

Fruit Bat Friday 1st December 2023

Morning all. So the song is on the first day of Christmas I had a Fruit Bat. Tomorrow it must be a creaure with an S. Thinking caps on folks. Have a good day. Kelly do as you are told.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2023, 09:28 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Very cold, the sun is shining and I think we had a little snow overnight which froze.
We hope to pop to a garden centre today with Brewster in tow but will see how the roads are first.

Thinking cap on brenda.
griff get that wrist sorted.
Sue if on duty today I hope the roads were not too bad.
Chris I hope the tummy is better and enjoy breakfast if you went out.
Kazz hope you have a nice day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2023, 10:30 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

I too have my thinking cap on Brenda

Hope Brewster enjoys his trip to the garden centre and that his limp is nothing serious.

Minus degrees when I left for the school run this morning. Went to put some recycling into Ben's bin which I had put out last night and someone has nicked it! Phoned council and they will replace it within 10 working days so in the meantime he will have to bag it and keep it in the shed or under the stairs that is for two weeks I had a quick look round but could not see it. Who wants a full bin.

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2023, 10:38 AM
Oh no Sue. I wonder if they will sift through paperwork to see if they can steal any card details to use it being Christmas ?

Other than that thought I cannot imagine why anyone would want a bin of recycling unless they are also waiting for a bin and fed up with waiting.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2023, 10:39 AM
Good morning all

Frosty here but think it will be a sunny day overwall. I am off to cousin pre christmas lunch today. Like "herding cats" trying to organise this with my cousins but done and dusted now 14 of us and two fingers crossed zooming in one from Canada and one from USA Looking forward to it immensely not seen any of them since well before lockdown and last get together was 2017, and since then we have all lost parents, Only my Auntie Olive my Aunt is law is still with us she is 92 now. She is coming with her son and daughter in law.So nice to see everyone.

Brenda My thinking cap is on

Lynn Glad the fly biting is reduced could be a habit now but hey ho in the scheme of things livable. Hope you manaage to get young Sir out to the garden centre. I suppose one of the things now will be the icey surfaces as well for fear of his slipping.

Griff Well done being so organised last year with tree putaway and glad your lantern show is workign well.

Chris Have a nice breakfast I am sure you are finished by now so retrospectively the point has been made. LOL

Sue Hope the car situation has been resolved one way or another, has he driven either car that could be the deciding factor which he prefers driving? Hope he roads are not too bad as you are bound to be on duty one question if your lad has your car how are you doing the school runs?

Right off to start to get ready catch you all much later have as nice a day everyone as I plan too.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2023, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Minus degrees when I left for the school run this morning. Went to put some recycling into Ben's bin which I had put out last night and someone has nicked it! Phoned council and they will replace it within 10 working days so in the meantime he will have to bag it and keep it in the shed or under the stairs that is for two weeks I had a quick look round but could not see it. Who wants a full bin.
What a very strange thing to do has it got his house number on? the two reasons that spring to mind are as Lynn says "searching through for details" or someone nicked theirs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2023, 11:19 AM
Morning Kazz how lovely your lunch sounds have a lovely time.

Yes we now worry about slipping we have dog friendly de-icer for the garden so that's not too bad but we have to wait for the pavements to be free of frost and ice before walking him, neither of us fancy going down or him going down especially Gorden I don't think he has ever fallen so much since this journey began.
I will be glad to see the back of this till he is able to go on the park and be let off.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2023, 02:21 PM
Good afternoon all

Our first (and hopefully last) snow of the season to wake up to this morning. Actually, it was coming down very hard at 2 am so I'm surprised we didn't get more than the light dusting we had.

Both of us more or less fighting fit today so it was out on the scooters for a breakfast then along the prom for a coffee

The snow that was down though was no good for Ted who, although fascinated by it, got totally soaked underneath. One of the drawbacks of 'ickle legs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Glad you're feeling better Chris and got breakfast and a coffee out.
Poor Ted I am sure he enjoyed his trip out even if he got a wet tummy.

We took Brewster to the garden centre it has great floors for dogs so they can have good traction.
He did very well, he managed with wheelchairs and trolleys (it was busier than we expected) and met people and greeted a lovely older lab very politely and waited in the queue very well.
Proud of him especially as he hasn't lost his social skills.

I got a good workout as he pulled a lot but the leash training will come with going out and about more.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2023, 04:23 PM
Unfortunately, our garden centre has artificial grass on the floors inside that Ted thinks are fair game for cocking his leg. When we go, I have to carry him around

How were Brewster's legs when he got back Lynn. Hopefully, no limp?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >