Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 04:08 PM

Equafleece - which one?

I really think with all this swimming Woody is doing now, even despite this weather, we need to get him something to dry him off quickly as he shakes and shivers like mad for ages afterwards. That can't be good for him? I mean, I presume if he's doing this I need to get him something like a coat? Is it because there's not much fat there?

I've decided to get an Equafleece for him, thanks to Dogsey recommendations, but which one?

http://www.equafleece.co.uk/store/index.html

He doesn't have a prob with things going over his head so that isn't an issue but I guess it makes sense to cover his hind as that is the area that shakes and shivers the most.

Generally I want it for popping on him after a swim when we are on a long walk, off to a pub with him or pop him back in the car.

Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I really do not think that he should need one - he is a young healthy dog of a working breed that are designed to get wet ...

Does he have any other problems? (Or is this a spaniel thing? I do walk mine regularly with ESS and they all swim several times on the walks and we have no issues with any of the dogs)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I really think with all this swimming Woody is doing now, even despite this weather, we need to get him something to dry him off quickly as he shakes and shivers like mad for ages afterwards. That can't be good for him? I mean, I presume if he's doing this I need to get him something like a coat? Is it because there's not much fat there?

I've decided to get an Equafleece for him, thanks to Dogsey recommendations, but which one?

http://www.equafleece.co.uk/store/index.html

He doesn't have a prob with things going over his head so that isn't an issue but I guess it makes sense to cover his hind as that is the area that shakes and shivers the most.

Generally I want it for popping on him after a swim when we are on a long walk, off to a pub with him or pop him back in the car.

Not sure why he would need one in the summer mths, he is a young healthy dog a breed that has a coat capable of coping with a bit of water.

Why not just dry him of with good towel, or if you want something to soak the water up (which the equafleece is not inteneded for ) try making a towel coat, tie under his chin, and belly till he dries off.

the equafleece is made to repel water from the outside, not from the inside out.

P.S I have the green one on the Greyhound!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Not sure why he would need one in the summer mths, he is a young healthy dog a breed that has a coat capable of coping with a bit of water.

Why not just dry him of with good towel, or if you want something to soak the water up (which the equafleece is not inteneded for ) try making a towel coat, tie under his chin, and belly till he dries off.

the equafleece is made to repel water from the outside, not from the inside out.

P.S I have the green one on the Greyhound!!
Huh? I thought they have wicking properties used to help dry dogs quicker after swimming?

We've tried the towel thing but he just shakes it off and wants to get going, I thought an equafleece was more likely to stay put.

Is it OK/normal for him to be shivering and shaking so much then? If so I'll leave it but it doesn't look very nice.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Have a look at trover coats....
http://www.trovercoats.com/order_bon...e=5&idcolor=21
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 04:33 PM
I was going to get an equafleece for each of my girls, but decided, I don't need them until the shooting season!

I was under the impression, they have wicking properties, so I thought it would be good for my girls if we get caught at the end of a shoot day and can't get them home to dry them off!

(Plus, I can get Misty a pink one!!!!)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Huh? I thought they have wicking properties used to help dry dogs quicker after swimming?

We've tried the towel thing but he just shakes it off and wants to get going, I thought an equafleece was more likely to stay put.

Is it OK/normal for him to be shivering and shaking so much then? If so I'll leave it but it doesn't look very nice.
Does he have a double coat?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Does he have a double coat?
Excuse my ignorance but huh?
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 04:44 PM
no he won't have a double coat, i use colin cook aerborn dog coats thay are like horse rugs and do wick the water away, but i only use them when its chilly or in the season for lunch time
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 04:46 PM
So is the shaking OK then?

We don't hunt with him but we go on very long wanders and he is in and out of water and in shade alot you see.

I'm not going to get one unless it's necc' I can't afford it, but I thought it was necc'.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »