View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rottalmarotts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I have Rotts and ACDs and I have to say my ACDs are different from many in the show ring and I put that down to the positive Rottie influence
Robin Searle at Manchester Champ was going over Willis and he said is this really a cattle dog he is so calm I replied yes he looks like one but cut him open and there's rottie running through the middle.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Definately a Lab lover for life here. If I had to get another dog, it would be a Lab no question. I like a lot of other breeds (mostly gundog types) but nuthin' quite compares to the goofy nature of Labs!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Well it's been Border Collies, since birth, my Gran owned them, 5 uncles owned them and my first was at the age of 10.

I have had a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a Jack Russell, with Border Collies, infact the Jack Russell was very much ''Mom'' to my late Meg when I handreared her.

Still have Border Collies, somehow I don't see me without one
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I have a Boxer and 2 staffies and find them a perfect match....
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I was born into a Basenji household along with Buhunds who i still love and would like to have again sometime in the future. I can't see myself ever not having Basenjis I just love them to pieces as they are so different. I would also like to home a retired greyhound at some point in the future,perhaps when other half has finished his time in the army and we are settled.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Collies all the way for me

Unfortunatly by OH has a passion for belgain thingys!!!!!

wouldt be my dog of choice...or 2nd choice...or ..(u get the picture)

they all get on quite well though! but the grons are thugs!!!!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I had a gsd for nigh on 11 years and that dog went everywhere with me so when he passed i was gutted and said i would not get another dog at all . then i moved in with my gf who owned a terrier cross she mentioned me getting another dog .
I just couldnt get another gsd with out thinking about my old dog( does that make sense).So did some research,met some boxers and went down that road and am happy i did ..I suppose i will have to change breed every time i suffer a lose now thou ...jj
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2009, 07:38 AM
I have a mixture at present, that said the vallhund is approaching 14 and at present I don't think i will get another at present unless it's an older rescue as a back injury has made it difficult for me to deal with and train a young strong dog.

The other three are German spitz and yes, the number will probaly increase over the years.

That said, there are loads of dogs, mainly of spitz breeds, that i would love to be able to own but am not in a position to do so
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I have whippets and a lurcher and last year having secretly wanted one for most of my life I got a little poodle . This all works well as my poodle does not behave like any poodle you have ever met ! In fact she behaves like a whippet !
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3