Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
There were always dogs in the family, my grandparents always had one or two, and when I was 9 I got my first - it was pre vaccination days and he died of distemper when he was 4.He was followed at home by James, the result of an illicit relationship between my grandmother's 8 yr old lab bitch and a very determined collie. Then there was Atilla, and after him, more dobes, a BSD, A German Pinscher and finally my rescued and most adored Welsh Springer who had to be pts in Jan - Now no dogs, Just an empty space partially filled by a rescued cat who is very vocal and getting more dog -like every day. Kath
Sorry to hear about losing your wss Kath. They are very easy to adore. Would like to see some pics of him if not too painful for you? Mine is going in for big snip tomorrow. I feel rotten about it.
barneys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2007, 09:12 AM
In 1952 aged 2 my Mum and Dad got a black and white bitch that we called Judy who lived until she was 14 years old then we were dogless until I was married then had a little dog called Bobby he was a Corgi/cross
We waited until we moved house to Swadlincote and had a Cocker spaniel that came from a farm when she was 2 years old? we thought she was older than that she was never house trained but that did not matter
After Penny we had a blue roan cocker spaniel that we called Ben
then we had my loverly Mattie who was a cavaleir spaniel
after Mattie we had my Rocky who was also a cavalier who died last year
now coming up to the present day I have got 3 dogs Jazzie --- Barney-- Sam

Aileen
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 09:24 AM
My mum was engaged to the local farmer, who had 6 BC which he kept in one of the stables, and apparantly one day when I was 3, mum had taken me to the farm, and I disappeared, they eventually found me curled up asleep in the stable with one of the dogs, apparantly I had moved a bucket to the outside of the door and must have climbed in as both the top and bottom bolts were still across on the door, I can't remember this but that was 40 years ago!
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Just the other day I found some of my old schoolwork from Junior Kindergarten. It was a homemade calandar and for December it said "For Christmas I want a dog" and had a really badly drawn picture of me hugging a dog. Awwwwww!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Since the age of birth, we own a scruffy terrier, I used to share my icelolly with him under the kitchen table. I,m now 54 and wouldn't be without one or in my case 2.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 10:25 AM
I was born in April1952 into a house of dogs my father had Airdales and Irish Terriers and a Manchester Terrier. Since that day I have never been without dogs.

Jeanette
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Ive loved dogs my whole life- we had a family dog-Tippy-a German Shorthaired Pointer XX -couldn't have another dog because of my nomadic lifestyle/working away, etc. for most of my adult life- until I met my JR Minnie 4.5 years ago when she was 36 hours old.That was IT. Its been worth the wait

Cath
Flynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Always! Grew up with a JR and 3 Irish Wolfhounds. Then when they passed we had a collie and a JR x. Parents still have JR x and another cross. I moved out and now have Flynn.

Iv always loved animals. Grew up in the country, lived on a farm, did my HND in animal care and then went onto vet nursing.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
As a child I was scared of dogs until I made friends with a GSD guard dog! He worked in the yard where my father parked his car and Prince was always very friendly and gentle with me.
Once i got married and had my own home I heard of a setter who needed a new home and went 'to look'. It was love at first sight and that was almost 30 years ago! since then we've always had a dog in the family.
Flynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2008, 12:13 AM
I had a lot of friends that were scared of dogs. I couldnt understand it but then they couldnt understand me being scared of wasps lol!

(oh btw i went to school in Falkirk! )
Page 7 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »