Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 04:37 PM

In memory of Cherry 29/1/01-19/7/11

Dearest Cherry-you had many names during your life with us-not all of them complimentary!

You were like the girl with the little curl in the middle of her forehead; when you were good you were very, very good and when you were bad you were horrid!

Your loyalty and happy personality shone through, even when you had to cope with all those eye operations last year, your tail never stopped wagging when you visited the vets on so many occasions, you were always glad to see them even though they spent so long examining you each time. You were a credit to your breed with the way you loved people and your stoicism.

I will never forget when the vet told me you were almost blind. We knew you had cataracts forming but you cleverly hid the extent and just carried on. When I told the vet we were doing agility together she found it hard to believe and said what a fantastic bond we had as you were only going by my voice commands. I felt humbled by this comment and re-evaluated you and our relationship.

You were always so glad to see me and wanted a fuss whereas Parker wanted food! When we would stop and rest on the park benches you would stand with your front feet on the bench and do your beautiful Kerry smile. Even with one eye you were so beautiful.

Not only beauty but you had brains too. Winning 2 obedience trophies and putting those Collies to shame at times! You could puzzle-solve brilliantly and even with limited vision you earned Parker the nickname of "nice but dim" as compared to you he looked stupid!

Lest we fall into the danger of turning you into "St Cherry" let's remember your naughty ways too......mmm perhaps not!
Whilst you did have your challenging moments in our first years with you lets remember how much you changed and all the doggy friends you made such as Hamish the very naughty Scottie who was your first and favourute friend (I wonder why!) and your 2 Airedale friends Milly and Basil.

Cherry with Hamish

Cherry with Milly and Basil

One of the naughtiest things you did was when we took you on a coach trip. I couldn't believe it as normally you were so well-behaved to take anywhere! You jumped up the 4 large steps up to the driver and then you jerked the lead from my hand and carried on jumping from one seat to another until I could catch you! We were mortified and went and hid at the back of the coach. I think you thought "oh this is fun-jumping like agility-I'll just do a bit more"!

I remember years ago we were walking along the heath and I spotted a lady scrutinising you carefully. She smiled at me and said "She looks a right little ***, but lovely with it". "Yes" I replied; "that about sums her up!".

That was our Cherry! Gone but never forgotten-how I miss you as you leave such a gaping hole in our lives that will never be filled. Our time with you was too short but would never have been enough.

Sleep well beautiful Cherry.

All our love

Stephanie, Jamie and Parker

XXX
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 04:40 PM
That is a beautiful tribute to Cherry! I have tears rolling down my face.

R.I.P Cherry xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Such a lovely tribute to Cherry.

I hope in time you will remember her with laughter not tears but I know 6 months on almost from losing Ollie it is so very hard. x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 05:41 PM
RIP Cherry, have fun over the bridge.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear this, run free Cherry, we'll miss hearing about your antics..

such a beautiful thing you wrote too, my heart is with you and your family x x x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Such a lovely tribute to your beloved Cherry.
She was a real character that we will all miss, none more so than you
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Sleep Well Cherry, so very sadly missed but never ever forgotten.
xxxxx
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
A beautiful tribute for a beautiful girly.

She will always have a place in your heart & you will cherish the memories of her until you meet again at the bridge.

Thankyou for sharing that.

Hugs to you all,

Bev xxx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:43 PM
That was so sweet..I have a lump in my throat.

Sweet dreams Cherry xx
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:49 PM
What a lovely tribute for your beautiful girl.

RIP Cherry x x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >