View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-04-2011, 11:30 PM
That's all it takes to love this breed - meet one!Although my poor dear Romeo and Shakira aren't ambassadors yet it's not their fault.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-04-2011, 12:01 AM
as a owner of a rottie i must say hes a beut lola would love him lol i get a lot of people a bit weary of lola but as soon as they stroke her they see what a gem she really is can ask pilgrim the only thing lola would bite is he food lol (even then she is gentle with it ) shes a gem around kids and other dogs the breed has a reputation thats not deserved its down to the way the dog is raised lola is a mirror image of my self a big old softy lol treated with the right love and respect the dog is a credit to the breed
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
I must admit, if I saw that scrummie rottie mush walking towards me I'd be demanding cuddles before he knew what had hit him. I LUUUUUUUUURVE rotties! We met the most gorgeous boy in the park yesterday, owned by a lovely lady and her young son who were so proud of their gorgeous boy. Me and OH spent ten minutes gushing over him and getting lots of kisses from him and they lady kept saying thank you, thank you so much everytime we said anything about him. He was a massive lad so I expect she's used to people taking one look at him and heading off in the oposite direction. But oh no, not I. I demand rottie kisses!!
thats me all over, i grew up with a rottie, and most of my family had rottie's aswell there is this gorgeous rottie pup in my puppy class but i hardly get to pet him because of xeva's excessive barking at other dogs im working on this though so hopefully will be able to have them play offlead at somepoint and get my cuddles then
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Hes a beauty all right
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by steve78 View Post
as a owner of a rottie i must say hes a beut lola would love him lol i get a lot of people a bit weary of lola but as soon as they stroke her they see what a gem she really is can ask pilgrim the only thing lola would bite is he food lol (even then she is gentle with it ) shes a gem around kids and other dogs the breed has a reputation thats not deserved its down to the way the dog is raised lola is a mirror image of my self a big old softy lol treated with the right love and respect the dog is a credit to the breed
I was just going to say this Lola was just so soft and gentle. Having never had one before I was totally unaware of the prejudice but walking Lola certainly opended my eyes. People crossed the street It makes you feel like some sort of leper!! I found it so very sad and it really brought it home to me and I do feel sorry for everyone that has to deal with it every single day

Funny story....I had the gas man come and I said let me put the dogs away so I picked up Teddy and Ludi and popped them in the kitchen and the gasman looked terrified that I ahdn't removed Lola and said 'aren't you going to put the big one away?' No I replied, and I only put the little ones away as they will jump all over you and get in your way
TeamSpaniel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2011, 07:15 AM
OMG..... Gorgeous!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Oh I do so love Rotties! He looks like a big soft heap!

I met a couple when I popped in to see my dog groomer friend, she had two of them in, one on the table, one waiting in the cage. The one on the table was desperately trying to get her front paws on my shoulders to give me a proper cuddle Soooo sweet.

In the meantime there was a pathetic yipping coming from the cage cause there was no attention being paid to Rottie number 2, went over and my goodness, he nearly got himself out of the cage in his eagerness to get cuddles and kisses!

Who says they are dangerous!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Aww he looks a big soft bear Having the GSDs, as well as the collies, I know what it is like to have people cross the street to avoid you - but I just think it is their problem, not mine
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Oh I do so love Rotties! He looks like a big soft heap!

I met a couple when I popped in to see my dog groomer friend, she had two of them in, one on the table, one waiting in the cage. The one on the table was desperately trying to get her front paws on my shoulders to give me a proper cuddle Soooo sweet.

In the meantime there was a pathetic yipping coming from the cage cause there was no attention being paid to Rottie number 2, went over and my goodness, he nearly got himself out of the cage in his eagerness to get cuddles and kisses!

Who says they are dangerous!
Sorry to sidetrack but I can't imagine why Rotties would be at the grooming parlour? They have a very short coat don't they? Now I have all sorts of silly pictures in my head of them having a lion trim!.......
nadine201
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I love Rotties too.
Such a shame there is so much prejudis (spelling - sorry) against them.
I remember years ago, I was just going out to lunch at the bank where I was working and one came in to the Reception desk, couldnt resist going over and giving it a fuss and talking with the owner. Lovely soft, soppy dog. When I came back in, the staff member who had dealt with them said "Oh how could you even look at that THING let alone fuss it ?" WHAT !!!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >