Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2008, 09:09 PM

Florrie dissapeared today!

What a day!
We were on the morning walk as usual, half 7..nice and wet, and totally deserted. Both dogs were off doing their thing, Ralph was birding the hedgerows in the fields we were walking and Florrie was plodding along by my side as usual, and i sat on "polly's bridge" as we call it, it's not even a proper bridge..just the remnants but we used to sit there when the old girl got a bit weary, for a break and to watch the cows in the opposite field. After about ten minutes i stood up and whistled for the dogs, Ralph came..no Florrie. It's so odd cause she never goes far, called her..stood around calling and whistling for about ten minutes. Then i started to worry, as you do, and decided to walk and have a look so we trapsed around the field we'd been walking and calling her name, and then after about an hour I was really fretting. We went back across our usual way, and the way we'd walked there, calling her name and she was still nowhere to be seen. I really started to worry. So I returned home after about an hour and a half, and rang the dog warden who were pants, and then just couldn't think what to do. Rang a friend of mine who lives at the end of one of the main bridleways/footpath which leads into one of the fields we walk, and they went out with their border terrorists and had a look for about forty minutes n she was nowhere. At this point it's about three hours she'd been missing. I was really worried but honestly couldn't think of what else to do. Went for another look round with Ralph, and the walkway we take to get too the fields, and still-nothing! And it was terrible terrible heavy rain today so I was really fretting she'd fallen in the river and drowned or something as I'd noted how strong the current was. Returned home, by this point it's four n a half hours or so, and decided I was just going to have to sit this one out and wait for news! I was in the kitchen making lunch when I noticed how heavy the rain was coming down, so I went to the front door and called for the cats [2 of them we're out n about] and as I did who should come trundling round the corner?
Yes, Florrie! God knows where she'd been, or how she got home..but she did. She knows the way very well but in result to get home would have either had to go across a VERY busy main road, or go the way we'd gone that morning to the back of our cul-de-sac which would have meant she would have walked a significant way!
I'd love to know where she went and what she did, but yet again she had another close call! I swear she is out to give me heartfailiure, in three years shes done this about four times, dissapeared n been stuck down holes after rabbits, got trapped in a big drainpipe thing over one of the fields we walk, and had her saliva gland pierced by my great aunts beagle! If this dog dies of old age in years to come, it WILL be a miracle!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 09:28 PM
glad she came home, all in one piece. What a worry for you.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
I bet you wanted to throttle her and hug her all at the same time! Don't they just love to worry us, I bet she'd been sniffing all the sniffs and having a great time.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Having a snoop now as she was just asleep on the sofa behind me, she has this thick "something" in her coat [i couldn't see earlier as she was soaking] and it's a bit smelly, but not like "dung" of any sort so I'm wondering whether she dissapeared and got stuck somewhere...hmmn, i will never know. The price of a terrier!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Glad she came back in one piece. Its always such a relief to see them again.
She probably had a great time exploring while you were left worrying.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 05:45 AM
Just read this.....so glad she came home.

We had it ONCE... with Reah, when we first moved here. I was scared to death, she vanished around 10.30 at night, I rang petsearch,Police,rspca and the micro-chip people just incase someone found her. We walked the streets till 3 in the morning. My panic was that she didn't really know the area, alsorts went through my head.
Suddenly (after we'd returned home for the 'umteenth' time, she just returned, barking at the front door.
The relief...............so I know how you must of felt. Makes you wish they could speak doesn't it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 05:53 AM
What a worry! She's certainly a little adventurer!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 01:12 PM
How scary!!!! I am soooo pleased there was a happy ending!