View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
wow super news, I did feel ben was {missunderstood} poss the best thing that could have happend as now you know he can play with others, so poss in future, when you meet nice people with nice dogs and ben gives no aggressive tendencys it will be a case of letting him have a play, I have to say I had no concerns with ben attacking anything with us that day but due to location and him not having the best recall thought best not to let him lose with them, but his recall was my only concern,
im so chuffed for you lynne, you must be on cloud nine seeing him play with another dog off lead x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Well its been a good couple of days. Ben seems to be accepting that he has to share the world with other dogs!!! I am much better (I think) at keeping a loose lead even when I see another dog and use distraction to keep Ben looking/listening to me.

My next step to overcome will be when/if another dog comes bounding up to and into Ben either wanting to play boisterous or because it doesn't like other dogs!!(I know Shona....its not like me to think of the worst case scenario is it !!!!)

But definitely so far so good. We have also gone back to practising basic commands so he is used to listening to me and getting praise. Am going to go to woods or hills near us this weekend and see how many dogs we can be friendly with. Will post pics (and will get video Shona!!)

Am very pleased and proud of Ben the last 2 weeks

Was watching Denis's video of training classes and althoufh its a bit far to go every week OH has agreed to drive me through if we are off work on hols so don't know when but we will be letting Ben loose on you all again. Still hope to go back through for another walk with you all over the next couple of weekends aswell
Ben met a guide dog with Stuart tonight and Ben ignored it totally, like it wasnt a dog!! he's never met a guide dog before

He still pulls or trys to when he gets to park and occassionally he forgets but the comparison between now and 2 weeks ago is night and day x

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
glad you have continued the work, its all very possitive for you, ben and stuart now x
Didn't like to point it out before, lol but its not been two weeks, he has done all this in one week, we met on the 23rd feb and the improvement you have made only took a week 1st march, lol, super well done to you both, xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Great news BM. There is nothing betetr than watching your dog run and play with another.Sounds like you have achieved a lot in a short time.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
[/U][/B]

Didn't like to point it out before, lol but its not been two weeks, he has done all this in one week, we met on the 23rd feb and the improvement you have made only took a week 1st march, lol, super well done to you both, xx

Oooops

Even more happy now if that was poss.

Thanks that has just cheered up my morning.

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Oooops

Even more happy now if that was poss.

Thanks that has just cheered up my morning.

lol its a good thing, all the stress must seem such a long way behind you x
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9