View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2006, 04:17 PM

Can anyone help? how they law relates to stray kennels?

hi having a real bad day !!! basically a friend asked me to go and visit a stray kennels that her daughter helps out at she said the place is awful and needs closing down!!! she is a very knowledgable person in the dog world and wanted my opinion as she doesnt know what to do.
this has to be the worst place ive ever been the dogs are fed on the bare minimon cos the staff they employ have no experience so cant handle active dogs! the dogs are all underweight(some are fed only on pasta)the kennels are 6ft by 3ft and some of the dogs dont get out of them (one dog has been in his kennel for 5years cos no-one wants to walk him,if they cant get a dog out of the kennel they just turn the hosepipe on and hose the whole lot down including the dog!!!!!!!!!! there is a 2year old rottie who is deemed too aggressive so no-one goes near him they throw food through the bars and hose him down!!!!! he looks like he has hip displasia and is doomed to spend his life in pain and misery!! they have an old shepard there that was brought in last week by the dog warden she has been hit by a car her back end is not good she hasnt been took to the vet cos it not important!!!!!!! iam going back on wednesday to rehome the shepard i am going to take her straight to work if she has a broken pelvis(which i think she has)than i am going to kick off and cause plenty of trouble till somebody listerns to me!!!!!!!!!! dose anybody know what we can do?
i want to get the rottie out even if it it to put him too sleep cos that would be better then living like this,i have also heard that she had one dog live like this for 14years without vet care,there is parvo on the spot and some dogs have died cos they havent recieved vet care
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Can't the RSPCA assist in these sorts of cases? I agree fully that it needs tending to as soon as is humanly possible. I really really hope something can be done as when the dogs are let down by the shelters, then what hope is there, really?
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 04:24 PM
OMG thats awful. I cant help im afraid, but well done to you for standing up for those poor dogs
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2006, 04:32 PM
i dont think the rspca will be interested my local branch doesnt have a good reputaion anyway!!! we have spoken to a dogwarden from another area he says he cant tread on toes but if knowbody will help to contact an rspca offficer in another region who will not tolerate this kind of abuse!! i cant get the rottie out of my head he has lived like that for nearly 2 years!! i have a friend who runs a rottie rescue i am going to ring her tomorrow and ask for her help with him
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by murphydog View Post
But if knowbody will help to contact an rspca offficer in another region who will not tolerate this kind of abuse!!
Something I'll happily do tomorrow if you want to PM me the details.
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Something I'll happily do tomorrow if you want to PM me the details.
hi yes i am just walking out the door with my dogs i need to chill out and compose myself cos i am so upset i will pm you when i get back thanks alot
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 05:05 PM
omg those poor dogs, the kennel owners should be knicked and done for abuse, cant u get the local papers involved??maybe take some pics or is that too dangerous??? good luck and keep us posted on what happens.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 05:06 PM
You need to contact the local council - as they are the ones who issue the licence for the kennels.
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
You need to contact the local council - as they are the ones who issue the licence for the kennels.
weve spoken to a dog warden who deals with this place he has said the council will just say if they have a van full of dogs and nowwhere to take them then they will put them there!! i am thinking of writing to the papers and the council and anyone else who will listern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by murphydog View Post
weve spoken to a dog warden who deals with this place he has said the council will just say if they have a van full of dogs and nowwhere to take them then they will put them there!! i am thinking of writing to the papers and the council and anyone else who will listern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But if the dogs aren't being cared for properly, or don't have the correct amount of room etc they shouldn't have their licence - which is to do with the council.
It's got nothing to do with if they have loads of dogs to go there or not.
Try Environmental Health, as I think they are the ones who do the checks.

Things like:
The number of animals accommodated at the establishment at any one time shall not exceed those specified in the licence

Accommodation provided for animals must, in all respects, be suitable as regards construction, size of quarters, exercising facilities, temperature, lighting, ventilation and cleanliness

All dogs and cats accommodated at the premises must be provided with suitable bedding material, and must be given adequate exercise

Suitable food and drink must be provided for all animals

All reasonable precautions must be taken to prevent and control the spread among animals of infectious or contagious diseases, including the provision of adequate isolation facilities.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »