View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Really nice to hear they are starting to warm to one another.

Sounds like Len is reminding Bun that she is the new kid on the block.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Good news then Vicki I expect Len's behaviour is all part of the sorting out process between the pair of them, but because of the play I doubt there's be anything as bad as you had before, probably just that he's not yet willing enough to totally submit to Bunnie (Georgie was a complete push over for Cassie lol!). He will eventually realise that just like most of the bitches, he can find a way of letting her think she's the boss even though he knows he has the last word. Bit like my relationship with Dave then!!! I'm sure all will be fine, just takes time for them to deal with it for themselves, and the more they play together the better it will be. Stay vigilant like you are and you will know when the time has come to leave them together, but that time hasn't come yet as you know. All the best, I hope they end up firm friends for life.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
.....Oddly, Lennon seems to be the one who's less tolerant now and will go from being too scared to walk past Bunnie, to being really grumpy and instigating the growling, and yet he's the one who starts the playing...... daft dog.

Anyhoo, I'm keeping them separate at night and when I'm out, as per all your advice, and will continue to do so until I'm 100% sure there'll be no more unhappy incidents

Onwards and upwards

x0x
Good news and it's great too Vicki that you are going to keep them separate for a while, as it can only cement the good things that are happening

Wys
x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 05:34 AM
Another update (I hope you're not all getting bored.....)

Lennon got me up as he needed to "go" at quarter to one this morning. Took him out, no problems, but Bunnie would not settle afterwards. She was barking and crying.

So........ I let her have free roam.

There were no incidents between them and, apart from the fact that Bun still wouldn't settle, everything was fine.

At 4am I gave up and chucked her out of the bedroom and closed the door.

When the alarm went off at 5am I could have quite happily smashed it to bits

This morning they've had breakfast, their treat, and are currently playing

This will be day six and the improvements are remarkable.

Will continue to separate them.

x0x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Not bored at all and glad it's going so well.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Well done for sticking with it Vicki. Sounds like they've come on so much already. Im sure that it wont take long before they're the best of friends!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm not bored either Vicki, I anxiously await the updates and I'm thrilled that everything seems to be going well xx
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Lovely to hear Friends in the making.

Certainly not bored. Poured my coffee this morning while thinking 'wonder how Lennon and Bunnie got on yesterday'. Thanks for the update

You'll sleep tonight Vicki...............unless The Gingers have other ideas Hope they both settle down and you manage to get a good nights rest.

Take good care.

Seoniad. xxx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Lovely to get an update and hope the improvements continue. Hopefully they will be the best of pals in a month or so.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm actually considering leaving them both to free roam tonight, depending on how they are at lunchtime and later. If all looks well, I may chance it. I'm there, after all, and a very light sleeper.......

I feel quite mean coaxing Bun into the crate for her treat and then legging it out of the room.......

What do you think guys?
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »