Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:42 PM

Dried meat

Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone has experiance of feeding dried meat at all? I've heard it mentioned elsewhere: soak it in warm water to rehydrate then add to dogs' food, particularly dogs that need a bit of weight on.

A local pet shop sell it and it's £14.99 for a large bag. I thought it might be useful for the dogs at the rescue I work with. No ingrediants on the bag though and not sure how they dry it.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-01-2011, 10:04 PM
i should imagine the act of cooking and drying would all about destroy any positive aspects in terms of vitamins, amino acids and other enzymes but try to research the named company online and you may be able to find the ingredients/processes involved.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
i should imagine the act of cooking and drying would all about destroy any positive aspects in terms of vitamins, amino acids and other enzymes but try to research the named company online and you may be able to find the ingredients/processes involved.
I've emailed the company, so hopefully hear something back this week.

I can't imagine that the cooking and drying of pure meat would be any worse than the cooking and additives/fillers in normal dried food.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I've emailed the company, so hopefully hear something back this week.

I can't imagine that the cooking and drying of pure meat would be any worse than the cooking and additives/fillers in normal dried food.
very true, sorry i raw feed so i was thinking from that angle, sometimes i forget that others feed kibble.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
very true, sorry i raw feed so i was thinking from that angle, sometimes i forget that others feed kibble.
Lol, it's ok. I raw feed my dogs as well. Some dogs at the rescue get green tripe added to their meals; but we wouldn't have the storage or the money to raw feed them all; plus most will go to homes that feed commercial food. (Though we do give advice on raw feeding when asked about food.)