Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-12-2008, 09:14 PM

Just made a call

to the RSPCA. A neighbor of my sis in law got a GSD/Sibe cross about a month ago, and ever since it's been left outside from about 6am to 10/11pm. Sometimes it's tied to the fence with about 5/6 feet on it's lead, other times it's free to roam the small garden, unless the 4yo son left it out the gate. The son had ADHD but is unsupervised most of the day, he's been seen riding on the dogs back and yanking at his ears.

About an hour ago I was up at my SIL's tonight and he was still outside, bearing in mind temperatures have never got over 10degrees C today, it must be near freezing now no I felt I had no option but make the call. Poor little bugg3r had absolutely no shelter apart from the overhang from the door, concrete step etc.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 09:26 PM
very sad ,they would be better rehomeing the poor dog . it make s you mad dosnt it its freezing tonight
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-12-2008, 09:30 PM
what makes the matter worse is she got rid of 3 terrier type dogs (who were all free running, in and out the garden and other houses) to get this 1, just to leave it outside for 16/18 hours a day.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2008, 09:31 PM
I hate to say it but i wouldn't hold my breath on getting any action from the RSPCA if i was you
I phoned them just before christmas to report my ex BIL for absolute cruelty to their nearly 12yr old Leonberger, she was up to her knees in faeces, not being fed etc I tried my hardest to make him give her up to me, but he won't i told the RSPCA all of this and they have done absolutely nothing

Jann
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Good for you.

It does seem like hit and miss with the RSPCA...maybe it depends on the area...sometimes they do something sometimes they dont
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 11:02 PM
B*stards - poor dog
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Hope you get a result for the poor thing.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
B*stards - poor dog
Ditto.

Any news, Skoosh?
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-01-2009, 12:13 AM
No, nothin yet. I think it was either too cold or too late when I phoned them at about 9ish. I'll find out tomorrow cos me SIL stays next door to them and she's always havin a neb out the window so she'll see someone coming
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Skooshbag View Post
No, nothin yet. I think it was either too cold or too late when I phoned them at about 9ish. I'll find out tomorrow cos me SIL stays next door to them and she's always havin a neb out the window so she'll see someone coming
Just keep on at them, every day, it's the only way.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >