Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:28 PM

what age?.. would you have kids up to?

just thought I would put it to you lot.. what age do you feel its ok to continue having kids up to?

was chatting to a mate recently.. same age as me{36}.. has not settled with anyone yet... but wanting kids.. my first sentence was,,, you had better get your skates on hun..
More so as the thought of just meeting someone then getting pregnant is not what I would want.. I would want a few years of getting to know someone... having couple time before a kid. { in an ideal world..}

wondered what you lot thought.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I am 31 and have always said i shall wait until i am 40 and if it hasnt happened by then then time is up.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:39 PM
My Mum had me when she was 38 and I always felt that was too old.... however, more women wait until later nowadays so that's isn't particularly old.

Myself, I had Charlie when I was 23 and I know that there is absolutely no way I could cope like that now, ie energywise etc, so I would have to be a complete lady of leisure who had help to do it now (am 39).

I think to be 'trying' for a baby after 40 is a bit late, unless you've had problems having one earlier.... and I mean proper problems, not just your career came first.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:40 PM
im 28 and still no kids still havent met my animal mad man yet or my young farmer
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:46 PM
my mum had me in her 40s and i lost her a month after i turned 21 so if it dosent happen for me soon i will give up as i wouldnt want my child to go through what ive went through, and still going through
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
im 28 and still no kids still havent met my animal mad man yet or my young farmer
ooer I have had both.... im such a tart..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
my mum had me in her 40s and i lost a month after i turned 21 so if it dosent happen for me soon i will give up as i wouldnt want my child to go through what ive went through, and still going through
my parents had me in there 40's I lost my dad at 18yrs old.. my mums still alive but I havent had any contact with her since I was around 14yrs old.. even that contact was few and far between.. from being a toddler up to 14 I often only seen her once a year.. sometimes not that often.. she only lives a few miles away,... but shes a rotten old bird
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
ooer I have had both.... im such a tart..
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:58 PM
My mum was 32 when she had me, which at the time was old for a first child.

I'm nearly 29 and although I've been married for 6 years, I have no children.

TBH, I'm more maternal about puppies, kittens, baby ducks etc than actual babies.

We'd always said that we'd look at having kids when I turned 30, but with the financial/economic climate the way it is, its just not going to happen.

I physically can't afford to stop work (even for 6 months) to have a baby, so until we win the lottery, or OH gets a job with a 50% pay increase, I'll be working and not having children.

I think that nowadays, the age for having children has gone up. Most women my age either have no partner/serious relationship; or can't afford to stop work to have children.

I think between 35 and 40 is probably the time I would have kids up to (if I can even stop work to have one!!)
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
my parents had me in there 40's I lost my dad at 18yrs old.. my mums still alive but I havent had any contact with her since I was around 14yrs old.. even that contact was few and far between.. from being a toddler up to 14 I often only seen her once a year.. sometimes not that often.. she only lives a few miles away,... but shes a rotten old bird
you can choose your dog but you cant choose your family x
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »