Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks Pat

Well I am posting this under duress as my OH says it's about time I stop teling you about his pants. I had a little breakfast hiccup this morning and he has taken a piccie of my mess.

I took my first sleeping tablet last night and it did floor me quite quickly but I still woke up at 1.30 and then the OH came to bed shortly after, but I did get back to sleep.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 09:31 AM
whoops, chill baby x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
As for work, you forget, I am the one in charge of how much work I get. I start work at 7am most days, well everyday, work til 8am, take Charlie to school and that is only since his op, will be back to normal come Sept hopefully and I will work through. But I normally do 'care' calls until mid-morning/10ish then am in the office until at least 4pm. On Tuesdays I am on call, which means all calls to the office come though to me at home or if I am working. I could have to do tea runs, 4-6pm or evening runs 7-10pm. On the weekends I work, doing care calls, 7am-10pm with a break after lunch and an hour at 6pm. Once a fortnight I have to do the rotas for everyone, which usually takes 2-3hrs and I do these at home on Tue evenings.
In the office I answer the phone, take referrals, etc. I am a risk assessor which means I go out and assess every new client, take all their details, risk assess their home, if it is safe, take all their medication details and history. I do the weekly update on Wed. I keep the address sheets etc up to date. I also have to give clients a review at least yearly, it can be over the phone for housework clients but face to face with other. My friend helps with this. Plus I have to cover all sick work, if clients need extra calls or carers I have to do that too.
The big killer is when someone goes sick or is on holiday, if I can't persuade another carer to do the work, and to be honest I know how pushed they all are and it is also my responsibility to make sure they are safe to work so it is up to me to cover it, which often means I have to do it.
Ultimately it is my bosses responsibility to make sure I am safe to work, I was telling them I was tired, sick, etc but to no avail.
I always tell them that is not humanly possible to do EVRYTHING, but will make sure they listen from now on because I hate feeling like this.
Having read that lot Becky, I'm sure your boss realises they have a piece of gold in you, so you'll be able to call the tune to a certain extent when you do go back as they would never want to lose a knowledgeable, hardworker like you that's for sure. Personally, I wouldn't work that hard for anybody, only for myself, and I'm no shirker, I have always worked hard for other people, but not like that, I think they're expecting far too much from you, probably because you just do it and get on with it without kicking up a stink, and they'd probably end up having to do most of that officework themselves in the long run. All the time you're there and you get on with it, why would they stop you?! Yes, having read all that, the time has definitely come to go back on your terms and do only the amount of work you feel capable of doing, and quite honestly, that's only fair, you're doing far too much for them and they probably know it, but are keeping quiet about it! Perhaps you're like Dave? He'd just carry on regardless no matter how much anybody put on him and it's not right and it's definitely not fair either! I remember I worked in a boarding school once, and they were always short of staff because of their location in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes I was asked to do so and so's work that particular day because they were off sick, but when it went on and on, I turned round and said to them "the day you pay me two people's wages, is the day you get me to do the job of two people"!!! I meant it too, and I didn't do the other person's job anymore either, otherwise they would NOT have got another person in, they would have just carried on expecting me to do both jobs, but I'm not like that, I know when enough is enough and I speak out! Maybe you should think back to when you first started with them and try and remember exactly how much work you did then? Have your wages gone up in accordance with the amount they've now thrown at you then???

Be brave, go it alone, but only when you've tested out the water first, and I think you'll be surprised how much work you could get in for YOURSELF!

Thanks for my hedgehog link there, you've definitely solved my problem! I kept punching in cylindrical droppings but hedgehog never appeared for me!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Thanks Pat

Well I am posting this under duress as my OH says it's about time I stop teling you about his pants. I had a little breakfast hiccup this morning and he has taken a piccie of my mess.

I took my first sleeping tablet last night and it did floor me quite quickly but I still woke up at 1.30 and then the OH came to bed shortly after, but I did get back to sleep.
Now that looks like the Quatermass Experiment

Edit: spooky...where'd the picture go?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Pleased to hear you have another week off, honey.

Try and relax, keep on taking the tablets.....

x0x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Whoops, nice breakfast accident Becks!
Page 11 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11