Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Date an 18 year old?
Kel - I won't read all the replies I'm sure they are excellant but just look at the percentages:-

Now he's 28% younger than you
When you're 35 he'll be 20% younger than you
When you're 55 he'll be 12% younger than you

And if you live to be 105 (Which is not impossible these days) then he'll be almost the same age as you (6% diff)

Isn't mathmatics wonderful
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Yep go for it. Life's too short to worry about these things. You have known him for a year so take a gamble!

Good luck xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Oh Lol at H there with his maths!!!!

My Dave was 20 when I married him when I was 30, and we've been together 26 or more years now (can't quite remember Lol!) so that's 10 years difference, and even back then it was no big deal, and I like 'em young!!!! Just think Kel, when you get to my ripe old age, you've got yourself a ready made toy boy It doesn't matter nowadays, who cares, as long as you get on well, you're on the same page, he makes you laugh and takes good care of you and gives you butterflies (that's very important!!!!) then go ahead and enjoy!!! If not, hand him over!!!!!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't date someone that much younger than me, but if I was 18 I would think about dating a 25 year old man.

I'm 30 and my partner is 39. I've always gone for older men
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Just been having a read through this, Kel, and I personally think it depends on what you want from the relationship in question.

For example, in the long run would you be wanting something long term with him? Or just a bit of fun? Or don't you know yet? Seriously though, it depends entirely on what you want from the relationship, I think. At 18, even though you say he's mature for his age, I'm inclined to think he's only after one thing! But then, I don't know him so I don't know for sure. I guess I'm just thinking about your average 18 year old boy!

I'm 24 as well and I'm going through a similar dilemma at the moment, only the guy is 6 years older than me. He'll be 30 soon. (Ssshhhh...don't tell anybody. ). Not that that is old or anything of course it's not! It's just the whole scenario of what he might want out of the relationship as he's approaching his 30s and I'm 24! I think you can see where I'm coming from with this.

However, you're asking the question of if I was nearly 25 would I date an 18 year old....the answer is no, I personally wouldn't, but that's just me.

Anyway, I guess all you can do is go with what you feel is right. Good luck with whatever you decide. I have no doubt some age gap relationships do work and work well, as has been said on this thread already. Whatever you decide....have fun!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh Lol at H there with his maths!!!!

My Dave was 20 when I married him when I was 30, and we've been together 26 or more years now (can't quite remember Lol!) so that's 10 years difference, and even back then it was no big deal, and I like 'em young!!!! Just think Kel, when you get to my ripe old age, you've got yourself a ready made toy boy It doesn't matter nowadays, who cares, as long as you get on well, you're on the same page, he makes you laugh and takes good care of you and gives you butterflies (that's very important!!!!) then go ahead and enjoy!!! If not, hand him over!!!!!
oh and now we have another cougar
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Go with what you feel

When I was 46.........I went out with a 22 year old No other comment
I can beat that one Steph, when I was 37, I had a bit of a "thing" going with a 19 year old!!!! Only coz he had a fast motorbike though and took me out on the back, but thankfully, I remembered I had Dave at home!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
oh and now we have another cougar
See post above!!!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Just been having a read through this, Kel, and I personally think it depends on what you want from the relationship in question.

For example, in the long run would you be wanting something long term with him? Or just a bit of fun? Or don't you know yet? Seriously though, it depends entirely on what you want from the relationship, I think. At 18, even though you say he's mature for his age, I'm inclined to think he's only after one thing! :shock: But then, I don't know him so I don't know for sure. I guess I'm just thinking about your average 18 year old boy!

I'm 24 as well and I'm going through a similar dilemma at the moment, only the guy is 6 years older than me. He'll be 30 soon. (Ssshhhh...don't tell anybody. ). Not that that is old or anything of course it's not! It's just the whole scenario of what he might want out of the relationship as he's approaching his 30s and I'm 24! I think you can see where I'm coming from with this.

However, you're asking the question of if I was nearly 25 would I date an 18 year old....the answer is no, I personally wouldn't, but that's just me.

Anyway, I guess all you can do is go with what you feel is right. Good luck with whatever you decide. I have no doubt some age gap relationships do work and work well, as has been said on this thread already. Whatever you decide....have fun!
I agree with some of what you say, but not necessarily the bit in bold. If I'm honest, in my relationship with my toyboy - it was the otherway round He wanted a steady relationship - I just wanted his body
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I agree with some of what you say, but not necessarily the bit in bold. If I'm honest, in my relationship with my toyboy - it was the otherway round He wanted a steady relationship - I just wanted his body
lol - nothing wrong with just wanting his body

In my experiences I've found it to be the older men who just want one thing!
Only 6 days till my date with my toyboy lol
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »