View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 12:56 PM
We are going to a training session on the 3rd on Feb with my 'expensive but sorts it' trainer. (Roxy is 11months)

He is fab and I really hope he can help us with recall around distractions. He did say to us last time that when we need to do this he will use his dogs as aids (he has 4 German shepards and 2 Dobies, not to metion a 'pet' goat and various small animals lol) so I cant wait to see if it really does work.

Upon saying that when I was at clicker trainer a few months back they got all the dogs round in a circle and did recall through the circle and Roxy was the only one who came straight to me So no doubt she'll be perfect on the day.

I will let you know of any tips or good advice I get given though! The only thing I can think of for now though is to build the distractions up (if you can) do you have any mates that could help out?
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for all your responses.

Madmare - I can't believe the owners of that Lab! As much as I love to see Pepper run I have only ever let her do so in safe places, I can't believe they thought it was ok to endanger their dogs life and that of other road users! Pepper always does come back to me, just not always straight away so I am clinging to the hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel...

DobieGirl - it's funny in our training class Pepper always comes straight back to me, I think that they just like to make fools of us. I would be very grateful for any tips you get from your trainer and I'm sure that I can round up our doggy friends to help us practice.

Thanks again,

J
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2