Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 09:05 PM

Sony E Reader.

I've just invested in one, and I love it! I've got the pink pocket edition!!

My cousin has got one, and I spent all weekend reading her books on it and fell in love, and it is such a good idea, especially as I can take up to 10 books away for a week with me!!

Does anyone else have one!?

x
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
, especially as I can take up to 10 books away for a week with me!!
More than that = I have over 200 on mine!!!

I have the pink one too - LOVE it
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
More than that = I have over 200 on mine!!!

I have the pink one too - LOVE it
I need to start building up my book numbers!
I meant that when I went away I was having to take up to 10 books with me to keep me occupied. On the flight to America in March, I read 2 and half books and I only took 4 with me!! I have to worry no more!
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Glad you like your e reader, I am thinking of getting one as I am running out of space for books.
What about getting the books for it, what about the choice of books, is it easy and cheaper than buying books. I must confess to using the library more and more as books are getting quite expensive, but when OH goes fishing an e reader would be a godsend
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm quite keen on it. Amazon do one called a Kindle, but I think you need a UK adaptor to charge it. It's about £130, I think, so on a par with the e reader.

The one thing I'm not keen on is he cost of downloading the books....... I tend to buy my books in charity shops and get some real bargains for as little as a quid.

How much are the downloads please?
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
Glad you like your e reader, I am thinking of getting one as I am running out of space for books.
What about getting the books for it, what about the choice of books, is it easy and cheaper than buying books. I must confess to using the library more and more as books are getting quite expensive, but when OH goes fishing an e reader would be a godsend
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I'm quite keen on it. Amazon do one called a Kindle, but I think you need a UK adaptor to charge it. It's about £130, I think, so on a par with the e reader.

The one thing I'm not keen on is he cost of downloading the books....... I tend to buy my books in charity shops and get some real bargains for as little as a quid.

How much are the downloads please?
I've just bought the 4 Twilight books from Whsmiths online for £25.

I don't think it's whole lot different than buying the book. I'm sure there must be somewhere you can get them for next to nothing, or download them for free, but I haven't discovered it yet!
I am going to ask my Uncle, as he and my cousin have had e readers for ages, but he's in Turkey at the moment!
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2010, 07:16 AM
I have the pink one too and I love it! The books are about the same price as they are in shops and there are often promotions I.e 30% off etc. I check the price at waterstones and whsmith then buy from where ever is cheaper. It's SO quick to download a book too,literally seconds! You can get 100s of classic novels free as well.

Dee x
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Also, I believe some libraries have started loaning ebooks from their computers with a sort of time limited download. None near me have this yet but I've heard of a few in England

Dee x