Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2010, 09:46 PM

BT Homehub

I'm sorry I ever got one! The calls keep getting dropped, and the internet connection is really slow and seems to work when it feels like it!
When I phoned BT (45mins to get through to a human voice!) they replaced the handset but claimed the hub and line were fine, yet they had to phone my mobile as the calls keep cutting off using the landline
Unfortunately we have a while left on the contract before we can change to someone else.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh dear! I have had mine for a couple of years and it has been fab
Hope you get things sorted
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 07:15 AM
We haven't experienced any problems with BT,infact when I have been intouch with them they have always been good.

Our line was brought down by the bin men and they did say it would be a few days before they could get out to fix it,they came the same day and the same when we a problem with our line,there was a fault on the extention,again great service and no charge either.

Our Broadband has been great too,no problems at all.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 09:49 AM
yes!! we are on our 3rd hub now - though they do keep replacing it for free & we got an extra phone!
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes we did have some major problems with BT, wrong delivery date (twice), no internet for 2 weeks, then hub did not work, they replaced it, incorrect billing amounts, tbh we have had so many problems that they are too numerous to mention. Things did eventually settle down though.

Last week internet connection has dropped out a couple of times.

So overall not really pleased with the service, but we had problems with our last provider too. sigh

Not sure what to do when contract ends
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

22-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm guessing you're talking about wireless connection? Is the internet connection OK if you've got a wired connection? If it is just wireless that's 'flaky' then try setting the hub to a fixed channel rather than leaving it to try and automatically find channels. You might be getting interference from other wireless devices.

Try these instructions. Trial and error will hopefully get you a clearer connection.

Whilst you're in the configuration menus, have you secured the hub properly? As in changed the admin password from the factory default one and got WPA encryption set up? I did a paragraph or two about router security some while back.

Networking... Don't ya love it?
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Well, I've been back on to BT and after a lot of chat they are sending me a new hub which should arrive tomorrow.They went through the usual rigmarole of trying to get me to change setting etc, borrow a plug in phone and try that in the back of the hub, but as I had tried that before I said no, just send me a new hub please and they have
Rich C - thanks, I'll try instructions on the new hub when it comes.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh boy have we had a nightmare over this whole hub thing.
We are on option 3 with free calls - but nobody told us that a) you are not meant to use the hub phone for free calls!!! then b) as we found out tonight if you do want to make free calls over the hub phone, you have to press "5" first.
None of this was told when they offered us the package on the phone & none of it is mentioned on their website! The first we knew was when we got a big fat bill today!!
So after 2 hours - yes 2 hours on the phone, being cut off once and starting again!! were offered 50% discount for "not being told" which we flatly refused - though we did offer to explain to ofcom!! and even got the person to look at their own advert on their website!!!
Finally they backed down & the charges are being dropped.
I'm sick of being ripped off by these companies & charged wrong!! BT & sky are not my favourites this month!!!
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Well I am still waiting on my new hub, although a new phone arrived on Friday (didn't need or order one ) no sign of a hub.
When I phoned back they can't find any trace of a hub order but they will send one right away - I'm not holding my breath
Tillymint, I quite agree, I am sick of BT but was thinking of changing to sky when the contract is up!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
Well I am still waiting on my new hub, although a new phone arrived on Friday (didn't need or order one ) no sign of a hub.
When I phoned back they can't find any trace of a hub order but they will send one right away - I'm not holding my breath
Tillymint, I quite agree, I am sick of BT but was thinking of changing to sky when the contract is up!
Don't even get me started on Sky!! they are just as bad!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >